Receiver and DVR Question

DV1717DV1717 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Sep 09, 2020

In Legacy TWC areas is Spectrum Guide equipment offered via self install kits or are the self-install kits usually random equipment or legacy TWC Equipment?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,832 helper
    Sep 10, 2020 Accepted Answer

So just to ask if I do get a self install kit that does not come with a Spectrum Guide box am I able to bring it to my local store and have them exchange it?

Yes, you can exchange it at the store. But keep in mind that store inventory, like truck inventory, varies from market to market. In legacy TWC markets, Spectrum Guide is only out on World Boxes. In all other legacy TWC markets, ODN guide runs on the boxes.

In legacy Charter markets, there is no ODN guide. You will get either a World Box with Spectrum Guide, Passport Guide, or I-Guide depending on area.

Satch

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 10, 2020

Hello,

When you get a self install kit the equipment you get is what is available in the warehouse for the services you have ordered. We do offer Spectrum Guide boxes in most areas but there is no guarantee that is what you will get with a self install order.

-Tyleen

• DV1717DV1717 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 10, 2020

So just to ask if I do get a self install kit that does not come with a Spectrum Guide box am I able to bring it to my local store and have them exchange it?

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 13, 2020

That will depend on the local store's equipmentinventory, so "Call First" would be recommended. Your area's distribution network may not be capable of supporting the Spectrum Guide on a WorldBox receiver at this time. For most users who are familiar with the older ODN directory, that is not a bad thing.

• DV1717DV1717 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 15, 2020

@karlbeckman Is it actually possible to "Call First" a store? Since the ones near me have appointments available since I am not 100% sure if they are open in my area yet due to COVID.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,832 helper
    Sep 17, 2020

Greetings,

I don't think the local Spectrum stores have phones. If they did, the CSR counter reps would be so busy on the phone that they wouldn't be able to help customers. You would have to go to a Spectrum Store and see what box inventory is avaliable for rental/exchange.

If a customer messages a Spectrum Staffer on social media providing their location, (State, City, Zip) of the Spectrum Store, I wonder if Spectrum staff can text message that Spectrum store for a customer to answer what type of boxes they have in stock? If so, this would save a trip to the Spectrum Store, only to possibly find out that they may not have a customer's desired equipment.

Satch

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 49 MOD
    Sep 18, 2020

HI Satch,

We don't have any access to store inventory levels or direct contact with them beyond being able to escalate any issues that may arise in store that customers bring to our attention.

This discussion has been closed.