How to fix my spectrum TV on my Xbox one

KiahKiah Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 11 in Spectrum TV - Other Devices Sep 11, 2020

My spectrum tv app keeps freezing on the Xbox its very unstable how do i fix it i hate how glitchy it is.PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!

Comments

• KiahKiah Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Sep 11, 2020

no i did non i tried restarting my xbox

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 13, 2020

Good Morning @Kiah! Can you please unplug the power to the modem/router, wait 30 seconds and reconnect the power allowing the equipment to restart. If you are still experiencing trouble please let us know.

• SonygrlSonygrl Posts: 1
    Sep 28, 2020

I have the same problem and verified the issue is only with xbox one spectrum app. Roku TV, roku stand alone to TV, and PC all work fine. Brought another xbox one and loaded app, but both xbox one's experienced pixilation at the same time. This can't be a signal issue or the roku's would also have problems. This looks to be an issue with how xbox connects to spectrum live Tv. Don't see it ondemand, Netflix and Amazon.

• mr12mr12 Posts: 1
    Oct 10, 2020

I am dealing with this also. Definitely an issue with xbox and spectrum app compatibility.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Oct 10, 2020

Good morning. The app should run smoothly on the Xbox One. The app is very dependent on a solid

connection, even small time outs or wifi interference for example can cause issues. Another thing that

seems to be a problem is the cache that the Xbox holds onto. We encourage you to look into your connection and also clear that cache.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache. Plug in the power brick.

Julia_R

• Jeremycain16Jeremycain16 Posts: 1
    Oct 11, 2020

I have the same issue and its only on the xbox app. Clearing the cache doesn't work.

• 79Litespeed79Litespeed Posts: 1
    Oct 18, 2020

Not solved.....

Wired or wireless the spectrum app has terrible pixilation and freezing issues on my XBONEX.

Same app on IOS, OS, AppleTv and on same router is just fine, so this is not a connectivity issue.

940mbps service, it’s not the connection.

I can mirror my IOS to the same TV Xbox is connected to without issue.

• JtenneyJtenney Posts: 1
    Oct 18, 2020

Same issue, I have called and had the signal check and settings “resent”. It is 100% the app and nothing else. This needs to be fixed, but it feels like a straight “cop out” when I’m told it’s a “Connection issue”

• KeizerKeizer Posts: 1
    Oct 23, 2020

Same problem! I have three TVs side by side two Roku and my main on Xbox app. The main freezes all the time while the other two work smoothly. Just sucks because my 83 inch is a sharp and doesn’t have the app so I have to run it through the Xbox. So frustrating.

• MZanMZan Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Nov 01, 2020

The same thing happens for me. The spectrum app works great on any iOS device and on my Roku TV. But, it constantly freezes/pixelates when using the spectrum app on my Xbox One. I’ve tried everything mentioned above and no change. It’s especially frustrating when watch sports, because when it happens you miss the play. See screen shot attached. I was able to snap a photo on what it looks like for me.

• rgrirvingrgrirving Posts: 1
    Nov 07, 2020

ditto. Spectrum app on xbox is the only spectrum app that has issues. I'm fine with everything else. It freezes and sometimes gives me an unable to complete request error in the middle of watching it. Please fix.

• XboxuserXboxuser Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    Nov 10, 2020

This issue is NOT fix the "best answer" marked by the admin is not an answer. The spectrum app is experiencing a horrible conflict or glitch when ran on Xbox one x or even the brand new Xbox series X that I just tried today. Can someone at Spectrum please take a serious look into this???

• Steelers909Steelers909 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Nov 11, 2020

Brand new Xbox series X and the spectrum app does all of the above. Roku and Apple devices are flawless.

FIX IT!!!!

• BlueOsoBlueOso Posts: 3
    Nov 11, 2020

Same as others. I have a brand new Xbox Series X, hardwired into ethernet, 400mbps connection, no issues doing anything else but the Spectrum app is constantly pixelated. Please fix!!!!

• Mciannacone1987Mciannacone1987 Posts: 1
    Nov 11, 2020

Same, spectrum TV app works great on mobile devices, Apple TV and any other streaming device i have. The only issue is with XBOX app. I have the new series X too and 400 mbps up and down. Please fix the Xbox app!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    edited November 12 Nov 11, 2020

Hello,

I included a link to devices that currently support the Spectrum TV App. The Spectrum TV app is currently available on Xbox One and above. If you are still experiencing an issue, please start a new question / discussion.

This discussion has been closed.