Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Is it true that Charter/Spectrum will only give its subscribers one credit per year for outages?

AntDudeAntDude Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

Is it true that Charter/Spectrum will only give its subscribers one credit per year for outages? That is what the online live chat agent told me. I never had that problem before. Too many outages this year. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Best Answer

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 34 MOD
    Sep 11, 2020 Accepted Answer

I will reach out to you through PM about this shortly.

Replies

Sep 11, 2020

Hello AntDude!

I apologize for any confusion with the online chat agent. We are able to credit for the downtime due to an outage at anytime regardless of whether or not you have been credited for a different outage. If you were given a courtesy credit for an interruption that was either not a known issue or say if service was only down briefly or something of that nature, the courtesy credits can only be given once per year.

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 11, 2020

Thank you, Renee_T. Would https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/168102/did-your-cable-service-s-go-out-overnight count as an outage that I can get credited for? It lasted about 4.5 hours and its app said "Spectrum Outage Reported -- A Spectrum Internet, TV and Voice outage was reported in your area..." in iOS app".

Sep 11, 2020

Absolutely. Since you were seeing it as a known issue in the iOS app, it would qualify. If you are able to, I would recommend reaching out to our social media team either through Twitter @Ask_Spectrum or through Facebook and we can look into getting the credits applied for you.

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11 Sep 11, 2020

Ah, thanks. I actually mentioned that iOS app's message (with a screen shot/capture and wanted to share it) to the agent, but she still refused since I had proofs.. I did leave a feedback after our chat session ended about it. Is it possible to go through you since you officially work for Spectrum and have access to my account?