Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Port Forward issue

elliotrothelliotroth Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭
in Connectivity Sep 12, 2020

I just upgraded to 1gig and Spectrum provided me with their RAC2V1S router because I have a static IP. Apparently you cant do static IP on your personal router anymore if you have the new Docsis 3.1 modems. So they script the Static IP info for you in a menu the user cant access.

So I have entered all of the port mapping like I have always done on every router I have ever owned, and it just is not working. Nothing comes thru the ports. My external and internal ports match, the internal IP is the servers local IP on the LAN. But I cant connect from the outside world.

Any ideas?

Replies

• DV1717DV1717 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
    Sep 13, 2020

Did you try via the My Spectrum app or via the router web UI since I think that router does not have a WebUI and instead uses the app

• elliotrothelliotroth Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 13, 2020

It’s a business account so you can’t use the app. The router does have a GUI with a page for entering forward settings.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13 Sep 13, 2020

Have you confirmed the mappings are actually getting applied/saved in the router?

Spectrum locks those things down so much... just want to be sure it isn't getting reset from their end, which may mean they would have to set the rules in their config file or otherwise give you rights to set them locally.

Alternatively, could try doing it through UPnP from that system. If it is a Windows based system and Network Discovery is working properly, you can view the properties of the router/gateway from the network section of File Explorer to see what rules are active as well as edit or create new mappings from that same interface.