Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

internet/network outage.

jdvolt66jdvolt66 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 17 in Connectivity Sep 17, 2020

I came into my office this morning greeted by no internet. I started playing around rebooting everything and still no internet. Light on the front of the Spectrum Router (SR) says I have internet. so I plugged 1 computer directly into the back of the SR (bypassing our switch and router) and it now has internet. Great 1/6 replaced patch cables all LEDs are optimal but still no internet past the SR. I replaced the switch with an old 10/100 to eliminate that. still no internet. I just ordered new router/switch and patch cables from Amazon.

Then I remembered seeing a username and password on the bottom of the SR. fiddle around found the device on the network entered them several time no access. THEN i found the tabs at the top of the interface and found "Touchstone Event Log". It looks like we did have a service interruption this morning but would like confirmation from someone that I am reading the event log correctly. See attached screen shot. The event list goes on from this capture but pretty much the same thing over and over again.

Comments

• jdvolt66jdvolt66 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Sep 17, 2020

For the life of me I cannot understand why spectrum gives 3rd tier tech support to commercial clients. Calling tech support is a complete waste of time the only thing I have ever gotten from them is "yea our system is down or unplug your equipment wait 30 seconds, plug it in and let it reboot" The SR could be on fire and they would tell me to reboot it. I swear to god as soon as someone else comes along that can provide 100mbps I will dump spectrum like a turd.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,340 ADMIN
    edited September 17 Sep 17, 2020

@jdvolt66

The Community is intended to be peer to peer support. Please take a look at the Community Guidelines before your next post.

• jdvolt66jdvolt66 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited October 2 Oct 02, 2020

I just looked through the community guidelines and I don't see anything in them that excludes business customers. Can you point me to that information.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 02, 2020

The point is that this forum is more users helping users than tech support.

Business class customers have a different support arrangement than residential customers... better off contacting them directly.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,340 ADMIN
    edited October 2 Oct 02, 2020

I just looked through the community guidelines and I don't see anything in them that excludes business customers. Can you point me to that information.

The Community is intended to be peer support. While we appreciate your frustration, your peers would not be able to assist in this issue. We provide additional support when possible, but we are limited in our ability to support Business customers. The reference to the  Community Guidelines was a request to ensure your language remains respectful and courteous.