Many more uncorrectables on one channel. What does it mean, if anything?

dcondcon Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
in Connectivity Sep 21, 2020

After three tech visits and three modem changes, I am still getting lots of noise. I haven't had a disconnect since the last visit (where modem was swapped again) about 5 days ago, but I did manually reset the modem (Spectrum Ubee rental) yesterday due to choppy incoming (not outgoing) phone. Today I see this (picture below); lots of uncorrectables clustered at 471 MHz. Does this tell anyone anything that could help me try to trace my problems? Tech has been out to my pedestal, stated signal was ok and replaced connector anyway. Has been inside the house all three times, replacing splitters, cable tv boxes, and connectors. Any advice most appreciated.

Replies

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 21, 2020

Could be some ingress from broadcast towers/repeaters if any are close by. Still a few things running around that 460-480 range... looks to be mostly industrial and other fairly specific uses like marine radio, Public Safety spectrum, etc., but there is still space around 470 for low power TV/radio use.

Could be some compromised shielding somewhere along your run or upstream along the poles.

This discussion has been closed.