Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Are the new Spectrum 110-A boxes and remotes RF capable?

Dsch555Dsch555 Posts: 1
in TV Equipment Sep 21, 2020

I just ordered service and got new Spectrum 110-A boxes and SR-002-R remotes. Are there RF remotes that will work with these boxes?

Accepted Answers

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,746 helper
    Sep 24, 2020

Cons: What I don't like is that its very different from the other remotes, so if you are used to say, the Clicker 5 remote, it will take a bit to learn how to use this one. There are less buttons, and some of the buttons do more than one thing. Another con: This remote goes through batteries really fast.

Why the short battery life in those remotes? How long do the batteries last in these new remotes? Assume for this answer, a daily regular watching of TV and remote usage.

Satch

• DV1717DV1717 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 28, 2020

Those remotes won't work on legacy boxes.

Actually yes they do following these instructions: https://fccid.io/MG3-1160/User-Manual/User-Manual-2714088

See the instructions under Setup Remote to Control Cable Box. I have yet to try it with one of my boxes but I am most likely going to give it a try with the Cisco DVR box first and see if it works since I have some left over from when my Worldboxes failed (overheating issue)

• jurymanjuryman Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    Oct 06, 2020

I have a similar question about the exact same remote. The SR-002-R. But I do not have a 110 box. I received a 101. I CANNOT get that remote to work with my IR extenders, no matter what I try. My cable box is in a AV rack , inside a closet behind my media room. I have IR extenders running to all of my equipment. Old Spectrum 100 with old remote worked perfectly fine. This one does not.

Does anyone know if there is something with the SR-002-R that just will not pass its IR signal through an extender?

• jurymanjuryman Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    Oct 08, 2020

Never mind. As it turns out, the SR-002-R remote will work with a Spectrum 101 cable box in RF. Just started tinkering with the settings and it started working. SO, turns out, technician did not give me the correct information. The RF remote will work with more than just the 110 box.

Glad I figured it out for myself, because it looks like this posting is not even looked at by a Spectrum employee anymore.

THANKS Spectrum! GREAT customer service. 😒

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Oct 08, 2020

Hello @juryman

Our Spectrum Community is intended for Peer to Peer support. We do still moderate/view the pages, if there is customer participation generally we will let you all talk amongst yourselves. You can visit our Spectrum Guide Remote page for more information on the new remotes.

Julia_R