Thoughts on Community Forum Home Page Design?

SatchSatch Posts: 3,821 helper

Hey All,

What do you think about the Community Forum Home Page design? I liked the original one that we first had in the Community Forum much better. The text box data field was bigger, and now it is all squished down. You can hardly read the "How Can We Help?" text in the box.

And additionally, there is way too much blue background.. The text box should be proportionately sized and centered to the background. The older proportion was perfect.

I am using the latest version of Firefox. I don't know if it is the same on other browsers. This is on Windows 10.

Satch

Tagged:

Comments

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23 Sep 23, 2020

Wth? Yeah... that scrunching of the text box happened recently. Shows up in the Samsung browser too (Chrome variant).

Used to be much taller and a bit more balanced... was tall enough for the magnifying glass icon to fit inside the search box. Now it is all out of alignment

May have happened when they changed things up to make the text/banner clickable to return to the home page. Probably some stray characters throwing the script off.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,436 ADMIN
    Sep 23, 2020

We are aware of the search field issue. I have contacted our developers about the search field resizing and they are working on a fix. The original size should be restored soon. Thanks.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,436 ADMIN
    Sep 23, 2020 Accepted Answer

Update: The search field sizing has been fixed.

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 25, 2020

FYI. It looks good in my old SeaMonkey v2.53.4 web browser (User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.4) that uses Gecko's web browser engine like Firefox's, but older.

This discussion has been closed.