Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

GenericUserID12345GenericUserID12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Connectivity Sep 23, 2020

Getting frequent internet connection drops, and from the arm-chair research I've come across, there's an issue someplace with my line (outside?) which probably requires a technician visit.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. You can probably imagine the number of re-boots the device has already been through.

Cable is connected from the box outside with one cable directly to the modem/router - no other cables, keystones, etc. Actually started a couple of months ago with my old modem/router, so I got this new one.

Screenshots covers approx 9/19-23

Modem/router: Motorola MG7700

replaced MAC addresses with xx and yy in screenshots

manually set to IPv4, will not connect otherwise

Replies

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 23, 2020

YIKES! Completely lost blocks of the frequency range?

Looks like you may need a truck roll... but will have to start with the basic technician that checks things in/around the house to rule out potential issues there before escalating it to maintenance to check things further out from the home.

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    Sep 24, 2020

Generic - sorry you are experiencing service issues. Raist is entirely correct. An onsite technician dispatch is usually needed to correct multiple recurring T3 and T4 time outs. If you ask Spectrum tech to resolve source of T3 and T4 in addition to making sure the RX/TX and SNR are in spec - that will usually solve the problem.

On occasion the source of the errors is further upstream. The onsite tech can do a referral to the outside plant folks if necessary and help you get the issue resolved.

• GenericUserID12345GenericUserID12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Sep 24, 2020

Thanks. Kind of the answer(s) I hoped to hear - Spectrum has a Tech coming out tomorrow to take a look.

Other copies of the event log from my modem/router are not quite this "exotic". This was actually the most recent date range I captured, and happened to be the worst of the lot.

• jlopez5876jlopez5876 Posts: 1
    Sep 28, 2020

I am receiving the same type of intermittent connection

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Oct 01, 2020

Good morning @GenericUserID12345

How did the appointment go? Would love to hear back from you!

@jlopez5876 There are multiple reasons you may be having troubles. We encourage you to begin your own discussion and post some additional detail about the symptoms you are having and what troubleshooting/if any you have done.

Julia_R