**NEW** Advanced Search Options
We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
Welcome to the Community!
If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.
Frequent internet drops throughout the day.
I've been having frequent drops on my internet, and I am running out of ideas on what should be my next steps in troubleshooting. In following the format prescribed - here are the details
1) Description - frequent internet drops for about 5 seconds throughout the day. It has been occurring for the last two weeks.
2) Zip code - 92648
3) Home type - Single family home
4) Service - Internet only. Originally at 400Mbps, with my own modem - Motorola MB7420. Tried it with Spectrum Hitron EN2251 as well. Downgraded to 200Mbps to see if it would make a difference(negative).
5) Own modem - Motorola MB7420, and Spectrum Hitron EN2251
6) Speedtest -
1) Firmware - Motorola MB7420 - 7420-184.108.40.206
2) Modem is online
3) Logged into my Account - Manufacturer - Unknown, Model - COMODD3 - can not find the MAC
4) My connections are hardwired - from my PC to my Netgate(Pfsense) to modem.
5) Signal - I've used the Motorola modem since I can not get into the Hitron to provide meaningful details
6) Technician have already came out, and replaced the outside cable from the junction box to my house. Came inside, and snipped the ends at the wall, and put in new connectors. Then also did the same for the cable from the wall to the modem(replaced the connectors). He ran the test and confirmed that the signal is good.
So basically, what we have done is
1) Restarted, rebooted the modem
2) Rebooted the router
3) Swap out modem
4) Swapped out cable between modem and router
5) Change speed/duplex setting on router(auto, 1000 Full TX, 1000 Full TX Master).
6) Change the internet plan from 400Mbps down to 200Mbps
7) There is no power issue. The router & modem are plugged into the same power strip. The router shows that it has been up for days/hours, while the modem page - show System Up Time to coincide with the recent network drop.
8) Factory defaulted the modem.
I feel like it's the signal - but how to prove that. What should I ask the technician to test if a service call is needed.
Thanks in advance for your help.