Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Spectrum Connection dropping multiple times a day.

FrustratedPFrustratedP Posts: 1
in Connectivity Sep 24, 2020

Switched to Spectrum when started full time telework. Speeds alone were the reason. Connection drops multiple times during the day. Modem Reboot will temp fix for a few mins. When dropped, the connection is usually back within a minute-3 minutes. Has happened as many as 10 times in a hour. ALSO has went a full day with no (zero) connection issues. Number of connected devices has no impact. No consistency on when disruption occurs. Phone calls to service are hour+ wait and I can not complete the wait, while working.

Zip code-35613, live in a single home, have internet and tv with Spectrum.

Modem is-EN2251 Hitron (provided by Spectrum) run directly to Laptop.

Download speed-463.6; upload speed 22.8.

Spectrums "big box" is in my yard, the connecting is new, installed by Spectrum from the box to the house, to the modem. (so they all look good/new)

any help would be appreciated!

Can provide whatever info needed to help.

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 24, 2020

FrustratedP, repeating: I think you must start my talking to your ISP. Where I live the phone system offers a callback. Another thing to do is go to the customer service center and get a new modem. While you are there register a complaint and ask how to talk to a technician and/or schedule a service call. Since Spectrum has locked out customers from seeing statistics inside the modem we can only make wild guesses. I think this is a major miscalculation and is a main source of backup in waiting times for support. Test the new modem and see if it helps. I had the Ubee version of your modem and it worked fine. Good luck, John.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Sep 24, 2020

Good morning! Welcome to the Spectrum Community!

Some information to post to help your peers can be found here: Data To Post

Julia_R

• misterjmisterj Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 24, 2020

Julia_R, looks like this 'Data To Post' list is too old to be very useful. The user cannot contact ISP and cannot login to modem. Please instruct FrustratedP how to collect this information in current situation. Thanks and enjoy, John.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24 Sep 24, 2020

If you use Twitter, can try following them and sending a direct message.

@Ask_Spectrum

Can also try the virtual chat option on their contact page... it walks you through some generic q/a troubleshooting, but should eventually lead to getting you in touch with an actual agent.

https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/