Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Help setting up multiple public IP addresses

elliotrothelliotroth Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭

Hope someone can help, Spectrum help desk couldn't.  We have a business account and decided that we wanted some of our machines to have their own public IP's. Spectrum configured our account for 5 IP's.

We have their two box solution with modem and a RAC2V2S Sagemcom router. So the question is how do I configure the router to send certain public IP address to individual machines on the LAN? I kind of got if half working with Port Forwarding, setting the public IP in the external box, but this has two problems. 1. I have to forward every port 2. The local machine is still communicating to out on the first public IP in my range.

Public IP        LAN

For example:  24.xxx.xxx..51 -> 192.xxx.0.3. Forward all ports

24.xxx.xxx..52 -> 192.xxx..0.4 Forward all ports

Incoming connections headed to .50 or .51 go to the correct server, but if that server asks "what is my IP" the answer is 24.xxx.xxx..50 which is the first IP in the group of 5 that all other machines get that are not forwarded.

So there must be a better way to do this right?

Appreciate any help.

Comments

• MSWMSW Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Oct 23, 2020

This is my main complaint as well; the app does not allow for a range of ports to be forwarded...

This discussion has been closed.