Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Recently replaced our DVR and remote with a new remote., I have a few questions.

NewbeeNewbee Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 28 in TV Equipment Sep 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm having difficulties with new remote accessing the dvr. I hope you can help. My remote has the TV, Input and All at the top.

Where is the stop button? When watching a show and I'm finished, I would like to press stop and then delete the program. Currently, I think I press the exit button and have to go back into the menu and find the show and then delete it. It's not intuitive.

Where is the menu that list all your series recording? I use to be able to see all the shows I'm recording and be able to click on the recording and modify the series. My husband taped for ex. The Goldbergs and wants to record the repeats. I cannot find the option to see what channel is recording.

I'm trying to add my favorite shows to record since it's a new dvr. I'm assuming I cannot add a show that will not start until November. I want to add all my shows.

If i'm running late and turn my TV on and record a show, will it record the previous 10 minutes?

Last question, if I'm watching live tv and pause a station, change the station and start watching another channel, then go back to the original station that is pause and decide I want to watch live tv. Where is the live tv button.

Accepted Answers

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,746 helper
    Sep 29, 2020 Accepted Answer

Hi Newbee,

The maximum date that the guides go out is two weeks ahead. Some are only a 10-day advance.. If you have just rebooted the box, or there is a recent software update to the box you might not be able to advance the guide more than a few days. This depends on the guide/box software being used. Spectrum gets its guide data from Gracenote, who does the TV listing data for many TV vendors. If the series data is more than two weeks away, you won't be able to program series yet. Memory limitations prevent many boxes and guides from going more than two weeks past the current date.

If you want to do super far away advance schedule planning, use the Internet by searching through your PC or mobile device for the series that you plan to watch. Note that COVID 19 pushed so many series schedules back, so it may not be known known what is going to be returning in the fall and what isn't.

When you find the tentative series date for the new season of a show, you can set up appointment and reminder notifications through so many online/mobile devices. I would find the recording date through online sources and set a notification on any online/mobile device to be notified about 5 days ahead of time. Than go to your DVR, and search for the series, and set that up on your box.

Here is a schedule of shows for the Fall 2020 season that I found online:

Maybe some forum community members can also post links to their favorite series schedule season premier reminders that they use?

Satch

Replies

• NewbeeNewbee Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 29, 2020

Satch,

Thank you! I like the newer remote cause I do not have to point to the cable box.. Our cable box is on the side and not under the TV so we had to make sure we faced the cable box to turn the channel.

It's ridulous that there are more steps to work the DVR. The exit button does stop the recorded program but doesn't give you the ability to delete the recording at that point. You have to go back into the DVR and find the program. Too many steps. When you create a process, you are suppose to make it user friendly. Their new cloud DVR recording is not user friendly. I give it a 1 out of 10.

Searching...

I would like to setup my the Fall shows to record. I cannot do that. When I search for This is US, the results are watching On Demand. I know in the past I didn't have this problem when I heard about a new show that would be starting in a few weeks.

Thank you for the links.

There is a last button on the remote, it's in between the up and down arrow of channels in the right hand side of remote. I think you can also find it though the guide options.

My previous cable service was Verizon Fios and Google Fiber. I just loved Fios so many options including the multi room dvr. I feel the Spectrum is going backwards instead of leading the cable companies.

Keep me posted in anything else you find out.

• NewbeeNewbee Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 29, 2020

Thank you! I'll check the link out.