Spectrum TV app on Android TV

spatel3spatel3 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I can get the Spectrum TV app on my Android device, but not the Android TV device (even though both are running the minimum Android version required).

How can I make the Spectrum TV app work on my Android TV app?

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29 Sep 30, 2020

Hello, at this time we do not offer the Spectrum TV app on Android TV. You can go to Spectrum TV App: Download and Get Started and get information on the devices that can use our Spectrum TV app.

We can certainly forward up your feedback to add the Android TV to the list of devices.

-Tyleen

• spatel3spatel3 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Sep 30, 2020

Please do forward the feedback to add support for Android TV. I am adding a TV in a room without a cable outlet and want to be able to use the app to watch shows. The TV has Android TV (using version 9 of Android so it meets the minimum requirements). My only other option is using a small chrome book.

• SantinelliSantinelli Posts: 3
    Oct 27, 2020

I agree, I recently purchased a Chromecast with Google TV and was shocked that the spectrum TV app did not work on this device, where it IS supported on roku and apple TV.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,407 Lead Mod
    edited October 29 Oct 29, 2020

@Santinelli

Chromecast is supported. You can read more about hat here: Using Chromecast with the Spectrum TV App & SpectrumTV.com

You can find out more about supported devices here: Spectrum TV App

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.