Restrictions set on my AppleTV 4k for tv/movie ratings

SystemSystem Posts: 85 ADMIN
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cloud DVR gets stuck or repeats when another recording stops or starts.

Comments

• UbiquitousUbiquitous Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 24, 2020

I have restrictions set on my AppleTV 4k for tv/movie ratings since the whole family uses the tv and we use more than just the Spectrum app.

When trying to view a show in the Spectrum TV app with a higher rating than what I have restricted, I am correctly asked to enter the code I set up for restrictions. Whenever I enter the code I briefly see a greyed-out screen with the option at the bottom to start from the begging of the show but then I am prompted fro the code again. I can enter the code endlessly and never get out of this loop.

If I press the MENU button to get out of this it exits the loop and I can hear the audio for the show I was trying to watch, but the video is mostly greyed out and I can't select anything from the guide without the same thing. They only thing I am able to watch correctly is On-Demand selections. In order to fix this I have to restart the Apple TV.

This was happening on the latest Spectrum App and before and after upgrade to the new tvOS 14.

It seems like I have missed some basic settings since I would think that this would affect a lot of people (unless I'm in the vast minority as a user of restrictions).

Oct 04, 2020

Weird. My post above got moved as a comment to this topic (was a top-level post) which does not seem related an any way to what I described. Was this by an admin? I'll post again at the top level, as the Spectrum TV app seems largely broken for anyone who uses restrictions.

Oct 06, 2020

Does anyone else have restrictions enabled on their Apple TV 4K and are you encountering any issues when overriding a limited show within the Spectrum TV app (via entering the passcode)? This is my issue (a mostly greyed out screen and audio only), but it doesn't happen on everything. It seems like the presence of the option to restart a show from the beginning is where the problem happens.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Oct 08, 2020

Hi @Ubiquitous

Ive not had any reports of this. Can you provide us more information on that? What setting level do you use in the Apple TV? If you can then give us an example of a program we can try to duplicate that.

Thanks!

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.