Spectrum TV on Mac/Safari

KreamiekiwiKreamiekiwi Posts: 2 ✭✭
in watch.spectrum.net Oct 07, 2020

Spectrum TV not working on my Mac/Safari

It keeps giving me "We're sorry, Spectrum News NY1 HD is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Reference Code: WLP-4005"

The app works on my phone.

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 07, 2020

Is this issue occurring with just Spectrum News NY1 HD? Do you have this issue in Chrome or Internet Explorer?

• KreamiekiwiKreamiekiwi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 07, 2020

This is for all channels.

I don’t know if the problem exist within Chrome/IE as I don’t use those browers. It was working fine before on Safari

Also, every now & then, I will get audio but no video (on both mac & iphone)

• EmilyCEmilyC Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 08, 2020

Having the same issue. There are a handful of Chanels that are giving me Reference Code WLP-4005. I have had this issue for 8+ months. I've called and chatted with someone on the spectrum website, just to have the chat end after waiting over an hour to talk to someone. please help us figure this out.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,402 Lead Mod
    edited October 8 Oct 08, 2020

This error code usually points to connection issues. WiFi interference. High FEC numbers, missing up or downstream channels the modem. If either of you are able to login to your modems, not all can be accessed for this, we can take a look and see what there is to find.

@Kreamiekiwi

For troubleshooting purposes are you able to test on an alternate browser?

@EmilyC Are the handful of channels the same channels all the time?

Julia_R

• Sheep_DogSheep_Dog Posts: 1
    Oct 10, 2020

Same issue here. The error code varies, but the problem is always the same. Some days it's worse than others. I've tried clearing cookies, restarting computer, unplugging modem/router, logging out/in, new tab, new window and lastly the useless customer support that said I'm the only one experiencing this problem. They told me to install a different web browser. It seems although I'm paying them for the service, I have to make changes to adapt to their errors. I've noticed that the most popular channels are impacted the most often. If I try some random channel that isn't very popular everything works great. I just don't understand how the issue is my web browser or my connection when I have no issue with some channels. Last thing to note, I have no issues watching the same restricted channels on my iPad, iPhone and Apple TV.

This discussion has been closed.