Service Temporarily Unavailable error for months

DkempkaDkempka Posts: 5 ✭✭

Spectrum Support, my Spectrum TV App running on my Apple iPad stopped working months ago, and is still broken. Launching the app triggers a “Service Temporarily Unavailable” error, with UIC-9000 as an error code. The app works fine on my iPhone, so I know my account is in good status. Please help.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,832 helper
    Oct 08, 2020

Hello @Dkempka,

I would suggest trying to clear your cache and temporary files from the app. If that doesn't work, do a reinstall of the app.

Satch

• DkempkaDkempka Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Oct 08, 2020

Hi Satch

I deleted, then reinstalled the Spectrum TV app. It will now launch and show live TV and On Demand (thanks), but does not show my DVR as it does on my iPhone. What can I do now?

thanks,

dan

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Oct 09, 2020

Good morning!

When you say it does not show your DVR are you referring to the Remote DVR manager or to a Cloud DVR?

Julia_R

Oct 09, 2020

I don’t know what Cloud DVR is. I’ve attached two screenshots to demonstrate what is happening.

1. iPad screen shot showing that the DVR menu item is simply missing.
    2. iPhone screen shot showing the DVR menu item in the Spectrum TV app.

thanks,

Dan

Oct 09, 2020

Thanks for the screen shot. A few things we want to look into is the OS on the devices.

If there are any updates available for those. We would want the OS to be the same on

both Apple Devices as well as the app version. If you login to the website do you see the

DVR option listed?

Also if you are in a situation where you are Bulk tenant you will want to logout on that device and make sure the app is not auto loading different credentials.

Julia_R

Oct 09, 2020

iOS 14.0.1 on both iPad and iPhone

Spectrum TV app 8.8 on both iPad and iPhone

I don’t understand your question about the website. I logged into Spectrum.net, but I don’t see anything about “DVR option listed.”

Also, I don’t see any conflicting credentials on either app. They look identical.

Oct 10, 2020

The website I mean is watch.spectrum.net, that is the browser version of the Spectrum TV app.

Are you a tenant in a community that provides any of your services with your monthly rent or as part of an HOA that provides any of your services?

Julia_R

Oct 10, 2020

This is getting frustrating. If you are going to ask me a question about a website... list the website URL! I am losing confidence that Spectrum really understands the problem.

I’m able to log into watch.spectrum.net, and I can view both DVRs.

And yes, I live in a condo building that offers services as part of monthly fees, however that does not explain why I can view the DVR settings on my iPhone and my wife’s iPad, yet still not see DVRss on my own iPad. This used to work fine, then suddenly stopped. Please get this fixed!

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,832 helper
    edited October 10 Oct 10, 2020

iOS 14.0.1 on both iPad and iPhone

Spectrum TV app 8.8 on both iPad and iPhone

Do you know what version of ipad and device that your wife is using? There might be a confict there. Also, for billing, are you on two seperately billed accounts or the same account and services? The responses to these questions may inform the mods of what they need to investigate, and if this could be an account-related issue or an equipment related issue.

What is the make and model of your DVR please?

Satch

This discussion has been closed.