Spectrum TV app no longer works??? - Solved

ErinCoxErinCox Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 15 in Spectrum TV for Android Oct 13, 2020

My Spectrum TV app use to work fine. Now it will only play live TV when I am NOT connected to my Spectrum WiFi. If I connect to my WiFi it will not work.... I am running thru the data on my phone because of this. PLEASE FIX! It appears I am not the only person having this problem. This has been going on too long!

Best Answer

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,438 ADMIN
    Oct 13, 2020

Sorry for the frustration. Can you clarify that you are referring to the Spectrum TV App and not the My Spectrum Billing app? Also, what device are you using, (Model / OS) and have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

• ErinCoxErinCox Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Oct 13, 2020

I am referring to the Spectrum TV app. I am using a Samsung Note 10 Plus.

Oct 13, 2020

As soon as i disconnect from my wifi it will load live TV but says i need to connect to wifi for local channels.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 14, 2020

Thank you for that information. Please try to reset your cable modem and router to see if that helps.

-Tyleen

Oct 14, 2020

It does not. I recently recieved a new modem and this was happening both before and after. I've noticed i am not the only person having issues on Android.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 14, 2020

Sometimes it can take some time for the new modem to sync with the online account for the app to recognize you are using your home wifi. How long ago did you get the new modem?

-Tyleen

Oct 14, 2020

@ErinCox ,

Also, are you getting a specific error code? A screen shot of any error messages would be helpful.

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2020

Tyleen - Again, this was happening before and after I received the new modem.

James - I will get you a screenshot but it does not provide an error. It only has the "loading, circular" icon.

Oct 14, 2020

I am attaching a screenshot with my wifi on and another with it off. You can see the icon in the upper right corner.

Oct 14, 2020

Thanks. Is the internet provided directly to you and in your name, or is it part of a community internet provided by an apartment or HOA? Also, does this happen on other devices? Can you test a different device or see if you can log in to the online browser version at watch.sepctrum.net. Last, which version of the Spectrum TV app are you using?

Oct 14, 2020

It is my own personal internet in my name. I am billed directly from Spectrum.

I do not have another device to try. I am able to get live- local TV from my computer by logging into the online browser version  watch.sepctrum.net. no problems on my computer, just appears to be the app.

I am not sure how to tell you what version I am using. The app is up to date. I updated it last on October 6th. So I know it is up to date.

Oct 14, 2020

Ok, thanks. I know I asked previously, but I am not seeing the response. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Full steps include deleting the app, power off the device, then reinstall the app after you power the device on again.

Oct 14, 2020

Yes, and to be extra sure, I just did it again. I uninstalled the app, shut the phone off for 10 min, then reinstalled the app. It is still doing the same.

Oct 14, 2020

Thanks.

I sent you a private message so we can collect some more information to investigate further.

Oct 14, 2020

I received it and will provide the requested info.

Thank you for all your help so far!

• A_Burleson20A_Burleson20 Posts: 2
    Oct 15, 2020

Hello, what was the resolution to the TV app issue above. Experiencing same issue on my end. Able to view channel 1 and on demand options however can not view live tv. Clearly issue with APP?

Oct 15, 2020

This issue was resolved by restarting the modem on the account. Some users may also need to delete and reinstall the app on the device being used.

This discussion has been closed.