Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Constant Buffering on Spectrum TV app

slowwalkerslowwalker Posts: 1
edited October 18 in Spectrum TV for Roku Devices Oct 18, 2020

I use Spectrum TV app on a Roku device and on my Samsung TV. Both devices have constant buffering when using the app and its ONLY the spectrum app. I can watch anything else fine from Netflix to HBO go to amazon prime and experience no interruption. This is clearly a Spectrum problem and im about to just cancel because its not worth it.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,364 Lead Mod
    Oct 18, 2020

Good morning. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. In most cases buffering is caused by a connection issue. The reason you may see more buffering through our app is that live tv is streamed differently than On Demand which is how other apps are handled. The programs on Netflix, HBO etc are not live TV. They are able to download a larger buffer, preload, than live tv and provide which gives the app more time to correct any errors.

To begin troubleshooting we would want to look into the connection. If you have errors in the modem logs, if you are seeing a high amount of correcteds or uncorrectables as well as the speeds you are getting.

Julia_R

• Buddy497Buddy497 Posts: 3
    Oct 25, 2020

This is a very technical response for the average consumer. Can you please be more specific in layman's terms about what should be done?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,364 Lead Mod
    Oct 25, 2020

Good morning.

To simplify that, live tv streaming is more likely to buffer, stutter, experience issues than On Demand content. Think of On Demand as a pre-recorded program, we can load the information in advance of what is being viewed. Live TV however we can not do this, it is being broadcast the same time it is being viewed. If there are problems with the connection, even if they are not noticeable on speedtests or streaming pre-recorded programming, will cause issues with that live broadcast.

Julia_R