Does the Sagemcom SAC2V2S have 2.4 GHz and 5GHz? How do I turn them on?

SystemSystem Posts: 85 ADMIN
in Connectivity Oct 21, 2020
This discussion was created from comments split from: Does the Sagemcom SAC2V2S have 2.4 GHz and 5GHz? How do I turn them on?.

Comments

• UserXUserX Posts: 1
    edited October 17 Oct 17, 2020

Add me to the list. You cannot split and show separate choices for 5GHz and 2.4GHz on this router. I have approximately $200+ in "smart" devices designed for operation in the 2.4 range only therefore requiring the ability to specify/choose what goes 2.4 and what I want on 5GHz. The router does not keep the connection in 2.4 so my smart devices are essentially unusable. This would have been nice to know before the change Spectrum asked me to make to the SAC2V2S.

It would appear that Spectrum did not anticipate this in its testing; backwards compatibility with 2.4GHz devices when it chose the SAC2V2S router in its current configuration. Tech Support has basically said "so sorry" and "good luck finding an answer" which is not an acceptable answer for a technology provider like Spectrum. No Tech Support notes, no application notes and NO suggested WiFi router alternatives that I should purchase to resolve the issue.. I am now going to have to acquire my own WiFi router solution to resolve the situation which I really shouldn't need to do given Spectrum's marketing as a technology provider. If asked, I will not recommend Spectrum as a solution going forward based on this experience.

• jrothjroth Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 21, 2020

I am having the same issue. I have smart home products that require 2.4ghz wifi network and I can't get them to connect to the new router. If I would have known I would never have returned by old router after I moved.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 22, 2020

Hello,

The SAC2V2S router does have both 2G and 5G enabled, but it doesn't differentiate between them in the network name so that devices that are capable of using both networks can switch between them depending on which has the better signal in the home or if one is out of range without you having to manually swap networks. If the device is only capable of using the 2G it will automatically connect to the 2G network without any setup on your end.

Unfortunately there is not a way to change this unless you purchase your own router.

-Tyleen

• jrothjroth Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Nov 05, 2020

well the router must not do a good job of assigning devices that need a 2.4 ghz network to the proper one, or mine has issues. I have tried 6 devices with no luck

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Nov 05, 2020

Good morning.

We have heard that some smart devices do have difficulty with this router, and other devices with different routers. You may want to look into swapping that out, or purchasing one recommended by the manufacturer of the devices with the difficulty connecting. While this router works great for most homes, like any other equipment it does not suit everyone's needs.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.