Anyone have any issues with Spectrum Askey SAC2V1K router? Printer stopped working.

Jep4921Jep4921 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 28 in Connectivity Oct 28, 2020

Did Spectrum push out an update with the Spectrum SAC2V1K router last week?? It seems after last Friday, both of my Brother wireless printers on the network stopped working. When I reset the printer's network card and get it back on the network, they connect and both appear to have valid IP addresses but I can't ping them from all my computers on the network. Also ordinally, my printer's have a web-interface. Both cannot get into the printer's internal web page too. What's going on?! I used to be able to go to 192.168.1.1 to see the router page too and change settings now it just gives me a summary.

Replies

• DDN1216DDN1216 Posts: 1
    Oct 28, 2020

Yes! This is horrible. 6 hours of wasted time because of that stupid router.

• rocketjetzrocketjetz Posts: 152 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28 Oct 28, 2020

hmmmm...I don't know if they did a firmware update or not, but this is what I have by going to 192.168.1.1

2.6.4-3-g20200131020426-RAC2V1K-prod.

what version do you or anybody else that has this router say?

My HP wireless printer is exhibiting the same behavior.

when I ping the IP address i get either a timed out or destination not reachable.

The my spectrum app says it's connected.

and the printer itself sees itself on the IP that I am pinging.

I was thinking maybe it was some recent win 10 1909 updates that I appled just previously to my noticing this issue.

I rebooted my router and it appears that it got a different IP from what it had.

I set my printer to the network default, pulled the power for 5 minutes and no good.

During the time it was disconnected using my my spectrum app I was able to delete the entry.

still got some steps to go through.

• Jep4921Jep4921 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Oct 28, 2020

We have the same FW version! Same here, rebooting the router and both my printers didnt fix it. I took an old Netgear wireless router and got my PC and one of the Brother printer's on the Netgear and it worked!! So this tells me its an issue with this Spectrum router. Guessing its a FW update that Spectrum pushed since my printers worked earlier last week. I never got a notification though. I need a fix ASAP!! Spectrum help!!!

• LuxeonJadeLuxeonJade Posts: 2

I have the same problem. After talking to a Spectrum technician, they did say an update was pushed and affected devices from seeing each other. You can ping other devices but not the devices such as printers. A factory reset does not work since it pulls the update directly from their cloud or servers. They did mention that hopefully with in a few days a rollback or a new firmware update will occur. I am waiting until the end of this week to see if this can be fixed, otherwise I'll have to buy a new wireless router, and send back this one to get my 5 dollar rent charge removed. My firmware version,

• GwayneGwayne Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having the same problem too! This is ridiculous! Hours I have spent trying to figure out why my NAS network drive was not connecting over the network all of the sudden over the past day or two. I just checked my printer and it also cannot be seen by any other devices on the network. This may also be time to get my own router 👀.

FW Version: 2.6.4-3-g20200131020426-RAC2V1K-prod

For my NAS drive or for anyone with devices connected over ethernet to the router, this may help: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3637

If anyone finds a fix or hears from spectrum support about a firmware fix please do tell!

I also cannot see anything more than a summary by going to http://192.168.1.1

Oct 28, 2020

The FW version was updated incorrectly, confirmed with spectrum support. Looking at the name: 2.6.4-3-g20200131020426-RAC2V1K-prod we can see "RAC2V1K" should be "SAC2V1K" instead.

Spectrum support was able to push the correct firmware version for my router, give them a call!

• LuxeonJadeLuxeonJade Posts: 2
    Oct 29, 2020

I gave Spectrum Tech support a call like Gwayne suggested. I informed them that we have the wrong version of firmware with a "RAC2V1K" and they were able to push the correct firmware to my router. Now I can find my wireless printer. They did mention this was supposed to go automatically to all routers but some didn't make it.

edited October 29 Oct 29, 2020

Gwayne/LuxeonJade:

does your firmware now say:

2.6.4-3-g20200131020426-SAC2V1K-prod  ??

also I thought something was funny. I have several networking utilities both on my phone and main pc that allows me to enumerate everything thats on my network lan side, and not all devices were showing up as they usually do. I was thinking, hmmm, something isn't right here.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Oct 29, 2020

Hello All!

We apologize for the frustration this has caused for you. There is a firmware update we can push to correct the problem. We encourage you to contact support if you have not been able to connect those devices.

Julia_R

edited October 29 Oct 29, 2020

I contacted Spectrum via FB just now and the person I spoke to says they have no knowledge of this. So I'll call Spectrum direct and see what they say.

Julia_R : what does the new firmware say?

2.6.4-3-g20200131020426-SAC2V1K-prod ??

EDIT UPDATE:

I called Spectrum and they pushed the new fw.

3.2.6-3-g20200909043425-SAC2V1K-prod

now to reset up my printer from scratch

EDIT UPDATE 2:

Reinstalled drivers and went through the setup and printer is now working fine. Also Advanced Ip and Network Analyzer now show everything on my lan as they did before.

Oct 29, 2020

After calling, the new FW Version is

FW Version

3.2.6-3-g20200909043425-SAC2V1K-prod

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Oct 29, 2020

I am sorry they had not been able to help you there. I was able to obtain some clarification. It was a software issue that should have been corrected overnight. If you are still not able to connect those devices I would encourage a reboot of the modem then router. The issue should be cleared up.

Julia_R

• bpharrisonbpharrison Posts: 1
    Nov 08, 2020

I just got off the phone with Tech Support on this exact issue and they were unable to successfully push the new FW version out. It's a brand new router, but they want me to swap it out for a new one, saying that my SAC2V1K isn't accepting the new FW, even after a factory reset. Frustrating.