How do you access the Router GUI?

Frustrated10Frustrated10 Posts: 1
edited October 30 in Connectivity Oct 30, 2020

192.168.1.1 only gives BASIC ROUTER INFO. How do you EALY access the web GUI?

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 119 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 30, 2020

Frustrated10, huh! what is EALY? I doubt anyone can even try to help without knowing the router model. Enjoy, John.

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 49 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 31, 2020

Hello Frustrated - sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the router login. Have seen an increase in number of reports of other users having similar issues that might be related to a recent firmware update. To resolve it - would encourage you to contact Spectrum tech support and have them replace it. You normally should be able to access the user router settings and make any of the customizations to match your preferences.

Limited info on this issue indicates a factory default of the router does not restore access to the user management settings. To keep your frustration to a minimum. consider getting the router replaced instead of waiting for future firmware up date that will also likely resolve issue.

• rocketjetzrocketjetz Posts: 152 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 31, 2020

install the My Spectrum app on your smartphone or tablet. That will provide you with a few more options in terms of configuration.

Nov 01, 2020

Greetings Frustrated - the answer on this one is that sometimes Spectrum tech support can push out a specific firmware update that will resolve the issue. Those firmware updates are ocassionally helpful but do not always resolve the issue.

Reasonable path to resolving your concerns is to ask Spectrum to a) push known firmware update to resolve issue for your exact model of router or b) replace model of router so you can access the settings and customize them based on your preferences on the new device.

Kindly let us now if either option resolves the issue for you.

• SDWSDW Posts: 1
    Nov 03, 2020

I just got setup with a brand new modem and router with the 1gig service. I too CANNOT access the router's home page for anything more than the basic info that the other person previously went into detail about. It seems that Spectrum has the advanced features locked down. Maybe not for all modems because my old modem I had access to make config changes. On this new modem and router, I do not. And the App you download on your phone only allows you to change the name of the network and password. I can see why people are getting frustrated because this seems to have been going on a while now and multiple people are complaining about it so I would think the Spectrum techs would already be familiar with it as it appears to be by design. Having them replace the modem will do nothing for this issue because mine was brand new and just installed 2 days ago.

Nov 03, 2020

Hello SDW - sorry to hear you are having access issues with the router. Would encourage you to contact Spectrum technical support, ask if there is a firmware update to resolve the access issue and if not - get the router switched out. In general you should be able to access the device and configure the user customizable settings based on your preferences.

The frustration is understandable when something is not working quite as expected, especially on a new install.

The newness/ install 2 days ago is unrelated as to whether a firmware fix can resolve the issue or if swapping out the router might resolve the problem. There are thousands of users with the Spectrum Gig service that can successfully customize the settings based on their preference. The issue is resolvable.

Please let us know if you are able to get the issue successfully resolved with Spectrum technical support.

• misterjmisterj Posts: 119 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 03, 2020

SDW, if the router and modem are separate boxes then you should have open access to the router (usually 192.168.1.1, but yours may be different) The new modems are DOCSIS 3.1 and in my case cannot even be logged into. I gave my modem (E31U2V1) back and purchased an ARRIS SB8200. It looks generic but was manufactured by Ubee. Technicolor and Hitron also make these for Spectrum. Please post as much information as you can about your HW. I suggest you do not wait for a firmware update - may be a very long wait.

You stated no symptoms. Do you have problems? If so please tell us. Thanks and enjoy, John.

This discussion has been closed.