Spectrum Apple TV Remote support is abismal

Hi,

Since late spring this year Spectrum has been changing how the remote on Apple TV is supported. Not all the the betterment of the user experience. Lately it's really been going downhill and now is almost unusable. Keep in mind that the remote on Apple TV has no direct channel number input thus making the guide implementation extremely important to the user experience.

A recent update to the app locked the channel displayed when swiping in from the left of the remote to active the guide always show your default channel chosen in settings. This behavior in the past showed the current watched channel which is what it should be. Imagine watching channel 965 and activate the guide and have to scroll from channel 8 to channel 945. This act on the Apple remote takes some 25+ swipes.

Please Please use some common sense when fooling around with the user experience and change it back to what makes sense to the customer.

Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    Nov 10, 2020

I apologize for any poor experience. I will forward your feedback to the app developers.