DVR's no longer have any series scheduled to record

RIERIE Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Nov 20, 2020

After Spectrum doing "scheduled" maintenance that interrupted my service (while I was watching TV), the tech support agent had to send a signal to reboot my boxes to restore my signal - now I have "NO SAVED SHOWS" and NO "SERIES" to "MANAGE" on either DVR. I called and was told there is nothing they can do to recover my show lists. That there must be a glitch in my box - but I explained that I have multiple boxes, with different series programed, so no, it's not my boxes... it's on their end.

They said there is nothing that can be done - offered me a TINY credit for the inconvenience and when I asked if they could send me a list of what shows I had HAD programed, they said there isn't a list anywhere for me to re-enter them... that seems strange - there should be a trail of my programing, no? The cloud tracks EVERYTHING else!

Is there any way to look this stuff up?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,407 Lead Mod
    Nov 20, 2020

Good morning. I am sorry, we are not able to access the shows you watched or had set up to record.

You say that you have multiple boxes. You have multiple DVRs that all lost this information, or do you have a legacy whole house DVR set up?

Julia_R

• RIERIE Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 21 Nov 21, 2020

Two DVR's with different series settings - not legacy/whole house - both had the programing removed - favorite channels and "TV On" channel changed on both as well.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,407 Lead Mod
    Nov 21, 2020

I am sorry to hear this happened. I can imagine that being very frustrating.

Sounds like you have the new World Boxes? A 210 or 201? It does sound like we had to push out a software upgrade to your units. This does not happen very often but when it does sometimes those boxes default.

Julia_R