Modem Issues?

shane523shane523 Posts: 43 ✭✭✭✭
in Connectivity Nov 20, 2020

Our neighborhood has a FB group and people have been asking if anyone else has had issues lately, apparently all of us have been having outages early morning, in 1 case for 12 hours.

Typically I don't have serious issues but lately I have been noticing little issues here and there so I checked my modem status. It is a personally owned Netgear CM600 and I have had it for a while. In the past, I would see a high count for uncorrectables for 1 channel but I noticed this, and after a reboot it climbs on all channels. The last reboot was about 48 hours ago.

Is this a sign that the modem is going? All connections are tight. The modem is at least 5 years old.

Or is this something that I need to get Spectrum to look at?

Replies

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 21, 2020

Greetings Shane - thanks for posting the modem signal page. The incrementing uncorrectables are a concern but can usually be corrected by an onsite service call from Spectrum. It would be helpful if you could post the modem log as well.

To help resolve any issues you also have the option to have Spectrum provide a current modem instead of the Netgear CM600 to further reduce the number of variables. In general, cabling and connectors are more often the culprit than the modem itself.

Please let us know how it goes after your service visit. The tech may also be able to do a referral to the outside plant folks if they detect upstream issues on equipment that are possibly impacting multiple neighbors.

• shane523shane523 Posts: 43 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 23, 2020

Sorry about the delay. I will call Spectrum but here are the logs. Thanks for your help.

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23 Nov 23, 2020

Thanks for the update Shane - Kindly ask the onsite tech to correct the source of the T3 and T4 errors in addition to making sure that your signals (RX, TX, SNR) are in spec, Once the T3/T4 issue is resolved - your connection will be way more stable and reliable.

Please let us know how it goes after the service visit.