Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Error code neteq-4103

l_hettl_hett Posts: 1
in Home Networking Nov 21, 2020

Anyone know how to solve this error code? Just trying to update my wifi name and password.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,546 Lead Mod
    Nov 21, 2020

Good morning.

If you will share a little bit more about the situation. The steps you are taking before you get to this

error. What browser are you using? Are you using the App to do this with Advanced In Home Wifi or on a different router?

Julia_R

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Nov 22, 2020

If you are using a 1-box gateway device (modem+router combo) provided by Spectrum, you are not permitted to change the WiFi network name or password on that device. You CAN make those changes on a router that you have purchased and maintain yourself. In accordance with FCC rules, Spectrum always sets the user name and password for every modem, whether they provide it or you buy your own.

• AlehaAleha Posts: 1
    Dec 09, 2020

I also have this problem I’ve changed the password before but only now it is not letting me update it, please help!

• MikeMacMikeMac Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 Dec 11, 2020

I am having the same problem. I get the same error code whether I use the app or the web account. I go to manage my wifi SSID and password. It lets me put in the new information but when I click save and then the continue button it fails and gives the above code. I am not using a 1 box setup. Its a cable modem and a wifi router.

@karlbeckman

Karl may be right. I find it odd they would do that when in multiple places where wifi network information is provided to tell you how to access it, they recommend changing the SSID and password. Even the manual for myprovided by Spectrum's support site says you can change SSID and password plus recommends doing so.

I have the Sagemcom SAC2V2S model.

• CitrusMikeCitrusMike Posts: 1
    Dec 21, 2020

Ditto Aleha & MikeMac: Same issues; in the past I've changed the SSID and Password on this system with no issue, but now it refuses to accept the changes. I am a two-box system (Arris modem and Spectrum-branded router). Appreciate if anyone along the way can break the code... and in advance, thanks.

• uniqueusername25uniqueusername25 Posts: 1
    Dec 22, 2020

Same situation as MikeMac. All these posts are fairly recent and we are all having an identical issue. Spectrum must have changed something in late October/ early November that is causing this. Some guidance from Spectrum would be nice.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,546 Lead Mod
    Dec 23, 2020

Hi All.

If you would each post the make/model router you are using here. Also are you getting the exact same message as the OP? I am not seeing that he has come back to the community.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.