Email Suddenly Quit Working and Can't Sign In

MichaelBMichaelB Posts: 1
in Email Nov 21, 2020

I am so ticked off right now. I've had my spectrum email account for some time now and everything has been fine...until now. I moved from Evansville, Indiana to Newburgh, Indiana in May 2019. My email was working fine until this morning (Nov 21, 2020).

I called tech support and they said that email is no longer tied to my account. Apparently, when I moved, I was supposed to also tell them I wanted to transfer my email account! I transfered my Spectrum service but no one ever told me I needed to transfer my email account. I was also told there is no way to access the old email account. So any messages sent to me, I assume, will bounce back.

This is absolutely NO WAY to run an email system. I simply don't understand why an email even needs to be transfered. And by the way, I have a 4 year degree in computer science and have worked in IT for 26 years so I know how this stuff works.

I now have to go through creating a new email account and change everything to the new email. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,407 Lead Mod
    Nov 21, 2020

I am sorry to hear this has happened and that you were not aware of this prior to the move. I would be

frustrated as well.

The emails are tied to an active Internet account, after some time the system goes through an audit and disables any email addresses that are not tied. I am sorry that we are not able to get that done for you.

Julia_R