Why doesn’t watching a cloud DVR program work if the recording hasn’t completed yet?

DWallDWall Posts: 8 ✭✭

We continue to be so frustrated trying to watch cloud DVR programs if the program has not fully completed it’s recording yet. If you do, the recording gets all messed up. It jumps back to the beginning of the program, loops portions of the program and basically is unwatchable. This is basic DVR functionality. Users want to start watching programs while they are still recording. Not being able to do this reminds me of going back 25 years to VCR functionality. I’m so sorry I let Spectrum sell me on this Apple TV cloud DVR set up. It’s clearly not something that is ready for wide distribution and use, given all the problems and lack of basic features and functionality that exist with using the app and cloud DVR. Horrible Spectrum. I feel like I should start typing my complaint all over again so you can read it from the beginning, just like your cloud DVR works.

Comments

• DWallDWall Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Nov 24, 2020

If you are aware of the issue, can you provide any estimate on a resolution timeframe?

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Nov 25, 2020

I'm sorry there is no additional information at this time.

• DWallDWall Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Nov 27, 2020

We continue to have issues with seeing the preview thumbnails when trying to fast forward on the cloud DVR. They appear intermittently or not at all. This makes it very difficult to fast forward thru a program you are trying to watch on the DVR. Any update on this issue?