Internet Connectivity dropping 2-3 times daily

MCGMCG Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Connectivity Nov 30, 2020

Hello all -

I've had Spectrum Internet for years and have not had any issues until the last few weeks. I currently subscribe to their Ultra package. I own the Cable Modem, currently a NETGEAR C6900. A Spectrum technician came out last week and said there was some interference and weak. He fixed a few things inside and another technician came out to fix some things on the outside box. Nothing has changed and I still am dropping Internet 2-4 times a day, requiring a reboot of the cable modem.

The most current cable connection info is a follows (currently down):

I took a screenshot after the techs left last week and this was the cable connection info when it was working:

I'm not sure if I should swap out my cable modem with another brand/model or if I have a line issue from Spectrum. Any help would be appreciated.

Update - While I am currently online, the spectrum site shows my Internet device as having a "Connection Issue".

Thanks.

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 30, 2020

Thank you for this information. I am reaching out to our local team to follow up on the last appointment as I see that it was referred to our maintenance team.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,563 ADMIN
    Dec 01, 2020

@MCG

Looks like we were able to get a service call out yesterday. Please let us know if the issue is not resolved.

• MCGMCG Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Dec 01, 2020

Yes, very impressive that Spectrum sent technicians out within 2 hours of posting! Great Service. The Spectrum Technician stated that my incoming signal was too high and they had to bring it down within range. I have not had any drops since they left and am hopeful this issue is resolved. I'll continue to monitor for a few more days. Thanks for the help and quick response from this board. Much appreciated.

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 06, 2020

Thank you for the update. I hope that you have a good day!

Dec 09, 2020

I wish I could say that the changes made helped but after 1 week I am still having to reboot my cable modem 2-3 times a day. I have an appt set for Friday AM to deliver/install a new cable/modem.

Dec 11, 2020

3rd technician in last 3 weeks to stop out. Very pleasant gentlemen. He ran diagnostics on incoming cable at point of connectivity into cable/modem. Immediately said there was interference and was surprised my internet was even working. He stated the problem was at the "tap" outside and that different outside technician would be stopping by within 48 hours to troubleshoot. Not sure what to think at this point as each technician that has left has told me the problem is fixed only to find out from the next technician that there is a problem.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,469 Lead Mod
    Dec 11, 2020

Glad to hear it is going to our maintenance crew to be looked into further.

Please come back and let us know how it goes!

Julia_R

Dec 29, 2020

Chatted with Spectrum Customer Service on 12/15 to order a new modem. I own the current modem, which is a NetGear c6900 and seems to be junk. After initially being told it would ship in 2-3 days, I was told yesterday it is still pending. My Internet connectivity has gotten progressively worst over the last 2 weeks to the point where it drops almost every hour. I'm sure having school aged kids home is not helping. It almost seems like once a certain number of concurrent connections is reached on the cable modem it can't handle it. 12-13 is the max number of connections that I've seen on the cable/modem. Existing connections will sometime continue to work while new connection requests will time out. During this time, I can ping the default gateway IP but cannot connect to the IP via a web browser to troubleshoot. After nearly a year of flawless high speed connectivity, the last month has been awful. Rebooting the cable modem fixes the issue the majority of time, but sometimes I have to logon to Spectrum's website and reset the equipment from that end.