Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum App in AppleTV

JimmyDJimmyD Posts: 2 ✭✭

While watching LIVE TV, the app breaks. It freezes...just stops. I change channels & return to the channel I was watching and it replays the last 15-20 seconds and freezes again at the same spot. I close the app (swiping up)...and come back the channel and I see the same 15 seconds and it freezes. I reset AppleTv and return to the channel and I see the same 15 seconds and it freezes.The channel I'm watching is local live TV...like ABC or NBC.

I have a great internet speed, my appleTV is directly connected to my router. My AppleTV is the newest version...and I don't have this issue with any other channel.

This is VERY VERY annoying and it makes me what to go back to a cable box...we never had this issue before. I scanned some of these forums and saw similar instances LAST YEAR.

Help

Best Answer

• JimmyDJimmyD Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 01, 2020 Accepted Answer

Update: I went to my Spectrum App on my phone and guess what? The same 15 seconds and the freeze. What gives? I can't even watch my local news. Very annoyed.

Replies

• jojo_2020jojo_2020 Posts: 1
    Dec 02, 2020

I’m having the same problem with an added bonus...when I’m actually able to watch something. 😠

Every app on my Apple TV works EXCEPT the Spectrum app! I keep getting an error code...AFE-1004. When I try to watch something through the app on my iPhone, all I get is an infinite spinning circle.

On my Apple TV, I’ve...

Unplugged the box from the wall and let it power up again, deleted the app and reinstalled, and checked for any outages in my area.

What else can I do???

This discussion has been closed.