URC1160 Remote Issue

rabbarrabbar Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Dec 01, 2020

We switched to Spectrum TV a while ago.

We have two spectrum cable boxes with the URC1160 remote control units.

I have a question to other users that may also have these Specific Remotes. The URC1160 model (not the CLIKR-5 model)

Does the backlight on your URC1160 remote control ever stay lit?

I have found both of mine lite up numerous times for no apparent reason after they have been sitting idle. They will actually stay on all night!!! Have to hit the OK button for the backlight to turn off. They eat batteries because of this. ☹️ There is no defined backlight button on these remotes, pushing any button will cause the backlight to turn on.

I also would like to know if the CLIKR-5 will replace the URC1160. I once had the CLIKR-5 remotes and liked them a whole lot better!!!

Best Answer

Replies

• Stacy23Stacy23 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    Dec 02, 2020

I have that remote and do not have any issues with it staying lit or lighting up on its own. I think you're right though about it lighting up the whole remote when using any of the buttons which will probably eat batteries over time. The old remote didn't do this.

I have seen many helpful replies from @Satch on this forum regarding the new spectrum guide and remotes so maybe he can answer your question about using the old remote on the new guide/box.

• rabbarrabbar Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 02, 2020

Thanks all, I will get a CLIKR-5 remote.

• WinterSoldierWinterSoldier Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    Dec 31, 2020

If it's turning on automatically you may have something stuck in between the cracks of that key. Take a q-tip and try to clean between it, that might fix it. If not you might have a faulty remote control, if so just take it to your local Spectrum store and swap it out for another one.