Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Issues after latest update

AlysonEAlysonE Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Spectrum TV for Apple & Apple TV Dec 02, 2020

I have noticed others with the same issue. Since the latest update, I have not been able to record movies using the app. I have contacted spectrum and they suggested deleting and reinstalling the app ... which I did three times with zero results. I have tried using 4 different devices. Since they all have the latest version of the app, they all have the same problem.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,659 ADMIN
    Dec 14, 2020 Accepted Answer

The app was updated today to version 8.13. Updating the app should resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience.

Replies

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 02, 2020

Hello!

What channels are you attempting to record from and are you having trouble setting any other recordings? Are you receiving any error message when attempting to set this? What devices are you attempting to record from and could you please share what current OS they are running?

• AlysonEAlysonE Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Dec 02, 2020

What channels are you attempting to recording from -multiple channels. Anything that is movie-length. (My DVR is only 29% full so it is not lack of space). I also don’t have the issue when recording straight from the DVR

Are you having trouble setting any other recordings? - This does not happen on a anything that is less than an hour.

Are you receiving any error message when attempting to set this? - I do not receive any message. I click “record” and it’s like it’s not a “live link.” Nothing happens.

What devices are you attempting to record from - iPhone 8 and three iPAds of various versions

could you please share what current OS they are running? -iOS 14.2

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    Dec 03, 2020

Thank you for the details!

When you called in did the agent have you reboot the DVR? Do you know if you are seeing the same thing via watch.spectrum.net?

What model cable box are you using? The reboot for the newer 210 and 201s would be a bit different. Instead of unplugging you would want to press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. That will reset the box much like with the older boxes unplugging the power does.

Julia_R

• AlysonEAlysonE Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Dec 09, 2020

The issue has nothing to do with my cable box since I can record some things (short length shows) but not all. This is an app issue since the latest update. Judging by recent reviews of the app, this is a widespread problem.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    Dec 12, 2020

Problems setting up recordings on a cable box via the app may be related to software in the cable box. a compatibility issue. I am not an app developer so I'm unsure what exactly would be causing this. I do know this problem is new, we are not seeing this across the board. Our goal is to provide our developers with as much information as possible.

Our first step in troubleshooting this is to reboot the box. If there are updates to the equipment this would trigger that update. If you are able to do that reset for me please and let us know if this has changed the end result it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.