Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Record button does not work on all channels since the 11/28 update

Rmcgu67812Rmcgu67812 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Spectrum TV for Apple & Apple TV Dec 02, 2020

Since the latest update the record function does not work on the following channels: 31, 34, 35, 40, 59, 60, 67, 81, 84, 85, 95. I also noticed that on the channels that record does not work there is only two buttons Record and More Ways to Watch. On the channels that record works there is three buttons Record, More Ways to Watch and More Options. Is there a reason that the channels lists can not record?

This happens on the iPhone and iPad. I have deleted the app and reinstalled with the same results. From looking at this forum it appears to be an issue with many people.

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,659 ADMIN
    Dec 08, 2020 Accepted Answer

Thanks for the response, I reached out the app developers and will let you know when I get an update.

Dec 14, 2020 Accepted Answer

The app was updated today to version 8.13. Updating the app should resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,991 helper
    Dec 02, 2020

@Rmcgu67812 ,

I would suggest clearing your cookies and cache. This helps after updates. If that doesn't work, reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, call Spectrum to report the issue, and also let us know that you tried both things and the channels don't record.

Satch

• Rmcgu67812Rmcgu67812 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Dec 02, 2020

Satch,

Your suggestions did not work. I am reporting it here because I got a response on the Apple App Store from Spectrum directing me to report it here. They gave me the link.

edited December 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hi @Rmcgu67812

Which service are you using to record? Are you using the app to manage your DVR or are you using Cloud DVR?

Also, can you describe when happens when you choose record? For example, does it hang or does nothing happen?

edited December 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Nothing happens when you touch the record button for the channels listed. Also, note how I said only two buttons show up for those channels while three buttons show up for the channels that work.

It would be nice if someone from Spectrum responds to this issue since they directed me to post here when I posted a review on the Apple App Store.

Dec 08, 2020

@Rmcgu67812,

Thanks for describing what happens when you choose record and sorry for any confusion. Just to clarify, the Community moderators including myself, are Spectrum employees. We are identified by "ADMIN" or "MOD" as well as having the Spectrum logo as our profile picture.

In order to investigate your issue, can you also confirm if you are trying to record using Cloud DVR or with a set top box DVR. If it is a set top box, can you identify the model #?

Thanks!

Dec 08, 2020

I am using the app on my iPhone and iPad to try and schedule a recording.

Dec 14, 2020

It now working fine with the latest update. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.