Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Cable modem seeing frequent connection resets

brentrrbrentrr Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Internet 2020 Archive Dec 04, 2020

Cable outside the home was replaced 2 weeks ago due to water in the line causing signal issues. This week we've started seeing frequent disconnect/reconnect issues on the cable modem (Netgear CM500 - self owned). In the modem logging I'm seeing the following:

2020-12-4, 10:53:36Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=10:0c:6b:78:81:10;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:86:76:cc;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

2020-12-4, 10:53:47Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=10:0c:6b:78:81:10;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:86:76:cc;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

For bonded channels I'm seeing:

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,999 ADMIN
    Dec 04, 2020

Looks like you are only getting 3 upstream bonded channels. When was the last time you restarted the modem and have you tried a factory reset?

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 04, 2020

Hello Brent - sorry to hear you are having service issues. Would encourage you to call Spectrum tech support and have another service call . Ask them to replace the modem , check cabling again and correct the source of the T3 and T4 errors. Replacing cable outside home likely made solid improvements but it is still not at the 100% mark yet. Ask the technician to verify that signals are in spec on new modem (RX, TX, and SNR) and to verify there are no T3, T4 or errors of any kind in the new modem log.

Please let us know how it goes after the service call.

• brentrrbrentrr Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 04, 2020

@James_M I had only done a power cycle, not factory reset at this point, but I just tried this as well. Still only 3 upstream bonded channels.

@Lake802 This is a self owned modem so no replacements from Spectrum. It is only 9 months old and under warranty, but I'd need to cough up $90 for support before they can determine hardware fault. Hoping to avoid that.

I'll take any other suggestions and will continue to monitor following the factory reset.

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 04, 2020

Thanks for the update Brent. In general Spectrum will provide a modem to you .They dont charge for service call where you have legitimate service issues. T3/T4 errors are service impacting. Factory resets and rebooting generally will not solve T3 or T4 errors. General idea is to get the modem signal stable and reliable with Spectrum provided modem as first step. Once that is done you can switch to alternate models if that is your preference.

This discussion has been closed.