P2P server issues

Zeromus83Zeromus83 Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Connectivity Dec 07, 2020

For some reason I can't stay connected to p2p servers on xbox one. Every game I try that uses them I get disconnected but games that use dedicated servers work just fine. Is the problem on my end or a spectrum issue and how do I fix it?

Tagged:

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 07, 2020

I am not aware of any issues. Are you experiencing this issue on any other devices or just with the XBox? Have you tried rebooting the modem/router?

• Zeromus83Zeromus83 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Dec 07, 2020

It only happens with xbox. It does it on both xbox ones that I have. I have tried rebooting the modem, router and xbox. I have also tried port forwarding through the spectrum app and nothing seems to fix it.

Dec 07, 2020

I have ran some further diagnostics and optimized the connection within the router. Can you please test the connection via your XBox and let me know if there is no improvement.

Dec 07, 2020

It seems to be working. If anything changes I will post an update. Thanks

Dec 07, 2020

Sounds good. Thank you for the update.

Dec 07, 2020

I take that back, I'm still getting disconnected. It worked long enough when I tested it but now that I'm trying to play with a friend I'm getting disconnected again.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,563 ADMIN
    Dec 08, 2020

How are you connected? Wireless or on a direct connect?

Dec 08, 2020

Wired but it does it when wifi as well. Whatever Steph did made it a little better but it still happens.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,563 ADMIN
    Dec 08, 2020

Thanks. Looks like the modem was last restarted about 5 days ago. Can you restart the modem again and let us know if the issue continues?

Dec 12, 2020

Didn't work. Still get disconnected from p2p servers. 😡

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,469 Lead Mod
    Dec 12, 2020

One thing I would suggest is contacting Xbox. There may be specific settings that will help

with this problem. Community members are any of you familiar with this situation?

Julia_R