Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Modem Reboots Daily at 5:01pm

Blueu82Blueu82 Posts: 1
edited June 17 in Internet 2020 Archive Dec 08, 2020

I’ve had an ongoing issue with my cable modem rebooting daily at 5:01pm eastern. Literally at the same time every day the modem reboots and comes back online after about 7-8 minutes.

All other times the modem works fine. Just daily it reboots.

I’ve had a spectrum tech out 3 times. They claimed it was the wires in the house; replaced. Splitter, replaced. Wire from the street to the house, replaced. Bad modem; modem replaced. Still an issue.

They are scheduling yet another tech to come out. Not convinced it will help.

Modem is provided by spectrum; latest model is ET2251.

My router is not the issue; my Eero router stays up during the modem rebooting. I can still access local network devices (Eufy security cams, raspberry pi, etc) when the modem is rebooting. I don’t even have to reboot my router, just have to wait for the modem to come back up.

I’m convinced at this point that spectrum is triggering some kind of remote reboot for maintenance unintentionally. And no one seems to know why it would occur.

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,999 ADMIN
    Dec 09, 2020

Sorry for any poor experience. The issue you described sounds like it could be either a signal issue or a setting in the modem or router that is triggering a reboot. Let us know if the service call does not resolve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.