Cloud DVR and Samsung TV

NancyJohnsonNancyJohnson Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Cloud DVR Dec 09, 2020

This morning I added the Spectrum Ap based on discussion with tech and its compatibility with Samsung. Now I set it up, works fine on ROKU TV but will not work on brand new 2020 Samsung QLED TV. Spectrum, please respond---- I need an answer, I canceled prior service based on Wayne telling me this would work.

please tell me something good. NancyJ

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    edited December 2020 Dec 09, 2020 Accepted Answer

At this time, cloud DVR is not supported on Samsung TV's, however it is planned to be supported in the future. Unfortunately, there are no additional details at this time as to a timeframe.

Work arounds would include launching watch.spectrum.net from the web browser or accessing the Cloud DVR from a supported mobile device (Android or Apple) and casting to the Samsung TV. I have an iPhone and a Samsung smart TV and the casting option works nicely when I've used it for individual network apps.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    Dec 09, 2020

Sorry for any issues. Are you getting an error message?

• NancyJohnsonNancyJohnson Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Dec 09, 2020

No error message. The ap works on the TV, but when I select a program, there is no Record option.

Dec 09, 2020

I am using Samsung tv. Signed up this morning after talking to tech support on phone who assured me it would work on Samsung. I'm not happy if this is not compatible. I just canceled other service and this is a must have for me

Dec 09, 2020

I appreciate that you gave me some work arounds and I will try, I am not happy with spectrum for lying to me to get me to buy feature, but you are trying to help . thank you

• Mark_T11Mark_T11 Posts: 1
    Dec 11, 2020

I also was told that Samsung TVs and the Spectrum App would work fine together and the Cloud DVR could be accessed this way. Based on the information I had gotten from the tech on the phone, I purchased another Samsung TV for Christmas and was going to set it all up so we could watch the DVR in our bedroom. I tried to test it out on another Samsung TV and discovered it didn't work. Updating the Samsung Spectrum App should probably take a couple of days the level of programming those two companies have between them. Obviously, this is not a priority for them. I am very disappointed and now the Christmas gift I have purchased will be a failure. We don't have Roku, Apple TV, blah blah. I wanted to use the Samsung Spectrum App and was told it would work. It doesn't.

Dec 11, 2020

Right? I'm fortunate that I do ha e 2 othe roku tvs. But the main big Samsung qled that I paid big bucks for is off the table. I. Going to try to change my habits from dvr to o. Demand

• jgillmsnjgillmsn Posts: 1
    Dec 12, 2020

I also am surprised that you STILL haven't updated your platform to accept Samsung TVs newer than 2017 on the DVR platform, especially with so many TVs being purchased due to the Holidays. I see posts as far back as April with your team acknowledging this and it is now Dec 12 - 8 months later, and still no update on the software. Have you reduced your prices to the consumer because of this? Please get this done. The days of casting to a TV should be over, especially when it is a QLED that has all the bells and whistles. #sameolspectrum

This discussion has been closed.