Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

How do I set/change my Wave 2 (RAC2V1K) Router to Bridge mode?

ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Home Networking Dec 11, 2020

My web browser 192.168.1.1 keeps sending me to the app page with no ability to change the settings. I also can't find the settings (bridge mode) on my mobile phone app. I wanted to add my owned managed security gateway device with the same settings of 192.168.1.1

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,659 ADMIN
    Dec 11, 2020

Hi! Which modem do you have and what are you trying to accomplish?

• ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Dec 13, 2020

Hi James, I have a combo Modem/Router. The Modem is a DOCSIS 3.1 Modem. The router is a 802.11ac Wave 2 Router 

Model Number: RAC2V1K.

My personal Security Gateway device is set only on 192.168.1.1.

How can I set up my Modem/Router on Bridge mode. I need a new/assigned IP address to the modem/router. I can’t change the 192.168.1.1 on my new security gateway.

So do I need to replace/exchange my modem/router? I can’t log on the web browser and make the changes like I did with my old router.

The mobile app doesn’t allow me to do this.

Do I need to purchase my own router to make this happen?

Thanks.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,659 ADMIN
    Dec 14, 2020

Correct, generally speaking to manage your router with specific settings, you would need to be using your own router.

• ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Dec 14, 2020

James, ok. Got it. I already have access points (A.P’s) all over my house so I’ll just return the WiFi router and keep the Modem and plug in my own Security Gateway device. I should be able to access the settings on the browser.

Thank you.

• rocketjetzrocketjetz Posts: 161 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 15, 2020

Catch-22:

A catch-22 is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules or limitations.

This discussion has been closed.