**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

How do I set/change my Wave 2 (RAC2V1K) Router to Bridge mode?

ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Internet 2020 Archive Dec 11, 2020

My web browser 192.168.1.1 keeps sending me to the app page with no ability to change the settings. I also can't find the settings (bridge mode) on my mobile phone app. I wanted to add my owned managed security gateway device with the same settings of 192.168.1.1

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,824 ADMIN
    Dec 11, 2020

Hi! Which modem do you have and what are you trying to accomplish?

• ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Dec 13, 2020

Hi James, I have a combo Modem/Router. The Modem is a DOCSIS 3.1 Modem. The router is a 802.11ac Wave 2 Router 

Model Number: RAC2V1K.

My personal Security Gateway device is set only on 192.168.1.1.

How can I set up my Modem/Router on Bridge mode. I need a new/assigned IP address to the modem/router. I can’t change the 192.168.1.1 on my new security gateway.

So do I need to replace/exchange my modem/router? I can’t log on the web browser and make the changes like I did with my old router.

The mobile app doesn’t allow me to do this.

Do I need to purchase my own router to make this happen?

Thanks.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,824 ADMIN
    Dec 14, 2020

Correct, generally speaking to manage your router with specific settings, you would need to be using your own router.

• ilong_213ilong_213 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Dec 14, 2020

James, ok. Got it. I already have access points (A.P’s) all over my house so I’ll just return the WiFi router and keep the Modem and plug in my own Security Gateway device. I should be able to access the settings on the browser.

Thank you.

• rocketjetzrocketjetz Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 15, 2020

Catch-22:

A catch-22 is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules or limitations.

This discussion has been closed.