SAC2V2S is not broadcasting a 2.4 GHz signal

SuperCoronaSuperCorona Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Connectivity Dec 12, 2020

I've got a device that requires 2.4 G and it used to work fine. Now it will not connect to my network.

I checked the network for 2.4G and 5G signals with a wifi app and there was only one for 5G. When I restarted the router I saw a good signal on 2.4 and then it vanished after about a minute. The 5G signal remained. Looks like there's no way to access the router admin on this router. Does it need to be replaced?

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 13, 2020

Good Moring @SuperCorona

The SAC2V2S router does have both 2G and 5G enabled, but it doesn't differentiate between them in the network name so that devices that are capable of using both networks can switch between them depending on which has the better signal in the home or if one is out of range without you having to manually swap networks. If the device is only capable of using the 2G it will automatically connect to the 2G network without any setup on your end.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Dec 13, 2020

In other words, the router does include two separate WiFi radios, one on 2.4 GHz and the second on 5.8 GHz. The radios share the same SSID name and transmit broadcast data stream. Spectrum says you can use WiFi devices that are equipped for 2.4 GHz only, 5.8 only, or ones that operate on both and switch between them on the fly, by far the most common (except for HP printers). It's really an economy router with minimal features and no user interface, but may meet your immediate needs.

• SuperCoronaSuperCorona Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 14, 2020

Then why is there no 2.4 GHz signal showing up in my wifi analyzer?

• JzinkyJzinky Posts: 1
    Dec 15, 2020

I have this same question. My smart plugs need 2.4 but will not recognize the new router. I have tried multiple times. Very frustrating.