Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum email unable to save blocked senders on twcny.rr.com account

Figureguy123Figureguy123 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
in Email Dec 13, 2020

I haven't have any issues blocking senders on my twc.rr.com account for quite some time. Whenever I click 'block senders' I do not have any issues.

However starting a couple weeks ago I have been receiving a message when trying to block that says "Error unable to save block senders."

I end up marking them as spam (no problem) and the most I can do is then delete them from the spam folder which does nothing to stop them. If anyone has any solutions, suggestions or reasons why this is happening I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,999 ADMIN
    Dec 14, 2020

Are you logged in to Spectrum webmail, or using an email client?

• Figureguy123Figureguy123 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    Dec 14, 2020

I am logged into Spectrum webmail. I had used an email client in the past but switched to webmail a few months ago. The feature was working fine until recently.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,999 ADMIN
    Dec 15, 2020

Thanks. You can also add blocked senders manually under settings, and selecting "filters and blocked settings"

Dec 15, 2020

I know I can do it manually but I am getting upwards of 10-15 spam emails a day. It was a lot easier just to check all the boxes and block. I don't understand why I can't anymore. If this is the only option I can try. Would I just copy and paste 'from' in the email and then go to the blocked sender screen? It sounds like it would be easier to have two screens open, one in the inbox and the other on the settings screen.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Dec 17, 2020

In researching this I did locate that the limits for the blocked senders list is 250.

Do you think there is a chance that you have more than that?

We also want to encourage you to report those as spam. Depending on the number of reports we get is how we block those in the future. If nobody reports those they wont be blocked. It has to be a group effort. We can not block if we dont reach that threshold as there is a chance that they are also sending valid email.

Julia_R

Dec 17, 2020

Thanks for responding. I do think I reached the limit as I deleted all the blocked addresses and that let me block new ones.

Do you mean block as well as mark as spam? Just curious. Because I see ones coming in everyday from various emails with the same subject line, the name on the account before the @ in the email name and block them but they just show up. Should I mark them as spam and then once they are moved to the spam folder block them for myself?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Dec 17, 2020

We definitely would like you to mark them as spam. If you want to block them absolutely you can do that.

Marking as spam is how our system knows they are not legitimate emails.

Julia_R

• jrichard326jrichard326 Posts: 1
    Jan 09, 2021

Lately I have been getting quite a bit of spam on my old twcny.rr.com email account. I am able to delete from POP server in Thunderbird. I do not use this account for any sign-ups. Why does Spectrum sell my email address to spammers?

Jan 09, 2021

I finally seem to have figured it out. I am marking them as spam and then blocking them in the folder but the blocked address limit fills up. Eventually I have begun to delete all the blocked addresses and start over. I also notice about 80% of the spam emails have my user name before the @ sign as the subject line so it seems I am wasting a whole set of block options from repeat addresses. Fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.