Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Can't send texts to Group or Android via iPhone

Tiger314Tiger314 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Spectrum Mobile Dec 14, 2020

I am a new Spectrum Mobile customer bringing an iPhone 7 Plus to Spectrum. I have activated the phone and am using the Spectrum-supplied SIM card for my iPhone.

ISSUE: I cannot send MMS (photos via text) to Android users. I cannot send SMS or MMS group texts to groups containing Android users.

I switched carriers from Google Fi to Spectrum.

I spent THREE AND A HALF HOURS on the phone with three different Spectrum reps. Spectrum reps don't have the ability to make the necessary changes, so they keep having me reset my network settings, toggle MMS and Airplane Mode (DUH) deac/reac (which disconnects me and I have to call back... AGAIN). This is not isolated - a lot of this message has been copied from another user with the same issue.

The only solution is to reset factory settings and reinstall everything as a brand new device? That means I lose all texts and have to reinstall every app individually with all of the appropriate passwords, settings etc. There is no easier way to do this?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,659 ADMIN
    Dec 14, 2020

Did you complete a cloud back up for the iPhone? This should allow you to restore the backup after the factory reset.

• Tiger314Tiger314 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 14, 2020

Thanks for your reply. The phone was backed up on icloud, but simply restoring from the cloud renders the same results. Tier III support told the other user that a factory reset and installing as a new device was the "solution". I would think APN numbers would resolve this, but there is no way to change the APN

This discussion has been closed.