Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Remote - up/down button not changing sequentially

HomeStuffHomeStuff Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in TV Equipment Dec 15, 2020

Saw this post but there are no directions for HOW TO fix the problem. Every time I press up or down on the remote then it goes right to on demand. It is very frustrating. More frustrating that this is a known issue with no clear directions on how to fix.

How do you fix it? Pressing guide twice does nothing.

edited August 27 May 26, 2019

On one of our Spectrum remotes, the up/down button does not go up/down one channel when pushed. It jumps to On Demand Channels when pushed. I had this proble a few years ago (when it was Time Warner) and the help desk walked me through an options menu for the up/down buttons. I cannot find that menu at this time. I am looking to change the option back to sequentially changing channels with the up/down button. Thank you for any help you can suggest.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,991 helper
    Dec 16, 2020

On one of our Spectrum remotes, the up/down button does not go up/down one channel when pushed. It jumps to On Demand Channels when pushed.

Likely Cause- Your channel filter is set to On Demand

Likely Solution- You need to change your channel filter settings to go to either "Subscribed Channels" or "All Channels." How you get there depends on the type of guide on your box.

For the ODN Guide- Press Guide button TWICE on Remote Control to change the guide filters to "Subscribed" or "All Channels."

For the New Spectrum Guide- How do I show only subscribed channels on spectrum guide?

Use the down arrow button to highlight Guide and press OK. Highlight Subscribed Channels and press OK. To display only channels you subscribe to in the guide, select View subscribed and press OK. To display all channels (including channels you are not subscribed to), select View all channels and press OK

Have a different Guide? Search Google for "What Guide do I have?," Spectrum. Go to search results. Look for a Spectrum URL in the results summary page..After entering your street address, you will be taken to a page with a list of guides showing graphics with guides for your area. Select the Support link for those guides. Note that not all guides may have Channel Filtering, but the modern ones should..

Try rebooting your cable box, if the above information fails. But do the above steps first.

Spectrum Staff may want to pin this information as an "Annoucement" in the "TV Equipment" Sub-Forum, as we have gotten several inquiries as to how to perform this guide function.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.