Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Huge Closed Caption box taking over most of display

Jaime_CharlotteJaime_Charlotte Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in TV Equipment Dec 17, 2020

I saw this on another thread from October but was apparently not resolved. I have this issue on two boxes at home. Only when using on-demand, the close caption box takes over 30% of the screen so you cannot see the picture completely. See picture below. If I use CC with anything other than on-demand, it works ok, taking over maybe 2-3 lines at the bottom. Resetting the boxes multiple times has done nothing. This issue has been going on for months now but we have now needing to use CC more often so it has become a problem. The boxes we have are Humax. Not sure of the exact model. The other thread on this is here: Large box with closed captioning — Welcome to the Spectrum Community. I am in Charlotte, NC.

Best Answer

• Jaime_CharlotteJaime_Charlotte Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
    Dec 17, 2020 Accepted Answer

Ok. Was able to resolve this by adjusting an odd setting. Had something to do with CC 'transparency'. I had to set the setting to transparent, from opaque and that did the trick, even though the background of the text itself is still pitch black, at least the 'surplus' part of the box as shown above is now completely gone.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    Dec 17, 2020

Are you able to post a picture of the new setting so we can see the difference?

Thanks!

Julia_R

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,991 helper
    edited December 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Here are the steps to get rid of the Closed-Captioning big border box on the New Spectrum Guide World Boxes for On Demand Channels:

Menu -> Settings and Support -> Accessibility -> CC Settings -> Window Settings -> Transparency -> Change to "Transparent."

Satch

This discussion has been closed.