Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

ia01 error

bla8989bla8989 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Dec 19, 2020

Rebooting the box gives me the error code ia01. It is stuck there. Anyone know how to get by this? Do I need to get a new box?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,991 helper
    edited December 2020 Dec 19, 2020 Accepted Answer

Hello,

What was happening to your box where you had to reboot?

1.) If it is pixilation picture problems- This is related to loose connections either inside or outside the home involving your wiring or drop line. A new box will not solve this. Pixilation would require a tech dispatched to the home to check your signals and drop line. When a drop line/signal test is scheduled by contacting Spectrum, we recommend avoid the reboots of any equipment for at least six hours before the service call, so that error codes are not reset. This applies to cable boxes, modems, and routers.. I also recommend that when the tech is there, to have him check the signals for any On Demand Channel, as On Demand content that regularly does not play, is often a sign of signal problems.

2.) If the box is constantly rebooting, or is making a clicking or loud humming sound- This is an indication of a bad hard drive, and than, you would have to swap out the box.

3.) Sound problems can be a result of either issue #1 or issue #2,

If the box is still stuck on the error, call Spectrum and at the Voice Prompt say, "reset my box." This can be needed if the manual reboot has gone wrong, or you have added new packages and after several hours, the channels are not coming in on your package. A service call will be needed if the box reset fails.

Satch

Replies

• bla8989bla8989 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Dec 19, 2020

Thanks Satch - there was some pixelation on the channel I was watching before I rebooted. I don't hear anything odd with the hard drives so I will call for a tech.

This discussion has been closed.