Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Anyone getting this to work?

CorenfancCorenfanc Posts: 1
edited January 1 in Spectrum TV App Feedback - Apple Jan 01, 2021

Can’t get this to work on apple tv at all. Just a spinning ball. I signed back up again expecting a Roku app, that’s on me, but the solution advertised by Spectrum is just not functional at all for me. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 402 MOD
    Jan 02, 2021

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community. I apologize for any issues you are having with the app. Which iOS do you have on the AppleTV right now? Also have you tried the app on any other Apple device or smart phone?

-Tyleen

• Tom_CTom_C Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Jan 17, 2021

Getting the same thing. Tried to airplay to my TV and Roku devices. Please fix this as a I can no longer install the spectrum app on a Roku device. Running iOS 12.5, Spectrum App version 8.13.

I tried airplaying Youtube videos and they work, so I believe this is a Spectrum app issue.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 20, 2021

Hi Tom_C,

This does not sound like the same issue. You are having trouble with the App that is downloaded onto your 4K

Apple TV or you are trying to Airplay to an Apple TV? If you will provide some additional information about this it may be an issue we can sort out .

Julia_R

Jan 20, 2021

I'm trying to airplay to a roku device since I can no longer install the spectrum app on roku.

Jan 21, 2021

I get a spinning icon then it times out with code ILP-999. Some channels work fine.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 21, 2021

A few questions. Did you have the app on a previous Roku or on this and it was accidentally deleted?

There a number of individual channel apps that are supported on the Roku if you subscribe to them. You can find those listed here: TV Channel Apps

Julia_R

edited January 21 Jan 21, 2021

Unfortunately I removed it on one of my Roku devices and I did not know once deleted, Roku will delete the app from all of my devices.

So airplay works on about ~ 50% of the channel. The channels that don't work just spin and timeout.

I was able to test using Chromecast and all of the channels worked. So this seems to be an issue with Apple airplay.

• AsOsAAsOsA Posts: 1
    Feb 13, 2021

I’m having the same problem with the spectrum TV app. Version 8.17.1 installed in iPhone 12, trying to AirPlay to LG TV [webOS]

Don’t have the patient to check for every channel but I’d say the majority won’t AirPlay.

Any fixes, suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.