Upstream Channels

FduFdu Posts: 1
in Connectivity Jan 03, 2021

Christmas eve, tech was out as the phone support indicated there were problems upstream of my modem.. I continue to have the upstream connection constantly scanning

When I reboot i have 3 upstream channels out of 8, when the scanning starts I am down to one upstream channel, have lost that a few time over the last 2 weeks -- what is going on?

Have attached the read out of modem post reboot and one where i am scanning for upstream channels

Christmas eve tech said everything was good from house entry point to the modem -

How many upstream channels should I have bonded?

Replies

• LGTLGT Posts: 119 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 03, 2021

I’m no expert on this, but I think for most Spectrum plans it is 4 upstream channels. Now if you have some super plan like gig internet it might be more. You’ll have to find someone with more money than me to verify that.

• misterjmisterj Posts: 157 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 03, 2021

Fdu, without knowing your service or a screenshot of your statistics page cannot guess. I can say the number should not be decreasing. I have 200 Mbps service and always have four US channels. The information you posted means nothing to me. Have fun, John.