How can I change the Series Priority?

User_1626User_1626 Posts: 1
in TV Equipment Jan 03, 2021

I have a Spectrum 210 DVR and cannot change the series priority. I get a ref code: GDVR-1000.

I figured out how to delete a program that is obsolete, for example, but I cannot change the priority. I read that this is a unfixed Spectrum bug, but any other advice?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,901 helper
    Jan 05, 2021

Hello @User_1626,

Call Spectrum and give them notice that you have a 210 model DVR and get a reference code error GDVR-1000, when trying to change the series priority. They will do one of three things:

1.) Reboot the box on their end and have you test the changing of its priority status.

2.) Send updates to the box to fix the error code.

3.) Escalate the issue to a supervisor tech, and you may get a call back in a few days to see that the problem has been resolved.

4.) Escalate the issue to a supervisor tech, where an update will fix this in a new release of Spectrum Guide. (Longer Time.)

Tip- If #4 is the answer, the release of an update to fix the bug will depend on how many people report it by calling Spectrum and giving that error code, or doing the same thing here on the forms, their Facebook page, or the @Ask Spectrum Twitter Page.. Spectrum needs at least three people to report a bug for them to give it escalation status to fix on a future release. (This assumes that a fix is not possible through Steps 1-3.)

Satch

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,469 Lead Mod
    Jan 06, 2021

The first thing i would suggest is rebooting the box on your end actually. Press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds. That will reboot the box and redownload the guide.

That being said, there is a known issue s when the program you are attempting to set a different priority to is aired on multiple channels, such as NCIS. It is available on CBS and USA.

What program are you trying to change the priority on?

Julia_R

• keithr3keithr3 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6 Jan 06, 2021

I have had the same problems for several months now.Also shows that were on my list that have been canceled now read as No Title Available and I can’t remove them . I have about 20 of them listed

edited January 6 Jan 06, 2021

If you have a camera, I would recommend posting screenshots of the error and giving your box model. Did the manual reboot fix anything?

Satch

Jan 09, 2021

Any updates on this issue? Or the reference error code? GDVR-1000. Thanks in advance!

Satch

• mytimenowokimytimenowoki Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    Jan 14, 2021

I just called about that. The last month I’ve had 4 “new” boxes, a new outside line, a new connection box downstairs!!! One box you could move the shows on the priority list with no problem, but my recordings came up with black screens. So last box, recordings are back but lost moving shows on list.

If u have issues with deleting the series & you still have the old backlit remote, go to the series you want to delete, highlight it and press the C button. It didn’t say delete “series”, but it did remove it! Yea!!!

Now if i could move them I would be happy.

You can get the old remotes.

& with new boxes, they have been giving them out! Ask if u must.

Call or they will never fix things!

• mytimenowokimytimenowoki Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    Jan 14, 2021

Yea!!!!!

I just got off the phone, there is a way to delete “series recording” with new remote.

(Note: When you do it it will not say “series” so keep that in mind)

go to “My DVR”

go to “scheduled” recordings and find an upcoming recording of the series you “want to cancel” and click ok on it.

go to the far right to “view series info” and click ok

In new box go to cancel recording and click ok. In pop up box, click cancel recording!

return to series priority and it should be gone!

hope this helps!

Jan 14, 2021

Yea!!!!!

I just got off the phone, there is a way to delete “series recording” with new remote.

(Note: When you do it it will not say “series” so keep that in mind)

go to “My DVR”

go to “scheduled” recordings and find an upcoming recording of the series you “want to cancel” and click ok on it.

go to the far right to “view series info” and click ok

In new box go to cancel recording and click ok. In pop up box, click cancel recording!

return to series priority and it should be gone!

hope this helps!

GREAT!

Very, very helpful!

Satch