Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Has anyone dropped Frontier as an ISP and retained their Frontier email address?

Maguch655Maguch655 Posts: 1
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Jan 05, 2021

My dad has struggled with Frontier internet service, slow speed/outages for years and I'd like to switch him to Spectrum but must keep his Frontier email address. It appears you can but with my dad's more than 50 years of Air Force contacts, I have to be 100% sure..

I just found the below on the Frontier website but still would like to hear of someone who did this without issues.

Keep your Frontier email address for life:

Your Frontier email account is yours for life. Even if you move out of Frontier's service area, you can keep your existing email account. For free!

• This applies to all types of Frontier email addresses: citilink.net, epix.net, frontier.com, frontiernet.net, gvni.com and newnorth.net.
  • You'll continue to log into your email from the webmail login page or the Frontier Yahoo portal.
  • You won't find any changes to your mailbox, existing folders or saved messages.
  • If you ever want to terminate your Frontier email account, contact us.

Best Answer

• wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 06, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello Maguch655, I had a legacy Frontier DSL connection that I cancelled about 5 years ago and though I rarely use it my Frontier email still works fine for sending/receiving messages through the Yahoo Frontier portal so the frontier email for life policy looks to be correct.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    Jan 05, 2021

Hi!

I'm not sure if any other Forum members have had experience with this question. For that reason, I would suggest that you reach out to Frontier directly or search a support a Frontier support forum. Generally speaking, best practices would include forwarding email and contacts to a third party email client (Gmail, Outlook, etc) as a redundancy.

I'll keep this post open in case there are any other members that have direct experience to share.

Thanks!

• LGTLGT Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 05, 2021

To be honest even if you can keep your Frontier email you should have your contacts backed up on some device not associated with a company. Frontier or any other company’s “for life” policies last only as long as the companies say they do and any company can go out of business. You should always have one copy of your data in your personal possession.

This discussion has been closed.