Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

WIFI signal to weak/ wanting to extend it

Awesome5Awesome5 Posts: 1
edited January 8 in Home Networking Jan 07, 2021

How can I extend my wifi signal to my backyard and detached garage?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,581 Lead Mod
    Jan 08, 2021

Good morning! I edited your title a little so our participants will better understand just by title.

Can you tell us a bit more about your situation? Where is the router located in the home. How far

would you estimate you want it to extend? What type of equipment are you using?

Julia_R

• LGTLGT Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 10, 2021

This problem has lots of answers. You could buy a WiFi extender, or a mesh router or add extra hard wired access points around your property. All of these solutions require you to take control of your LAN and spend money for extra equipment. If you are talking about doing it with Spectrum supplied equipment (i.e. their supplied WiFi router) the best you will be able to do is try to find the best position up high to place the device. It kind of depends how much money you want to throw at the problem and your level of expertise.

This discussion has been closed.