Does TV app still work for Galaxy S4?

Gerryjo1Gerryjo1 Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have an antique Galaxy S4 version 5.0.1. Software is up to date. I was able to watch live TV and video on demand via the,Spectrum TV app until 8 pm on 12/26. Since 9:10 pn on that date, I am no longer able to view either live TV or video on demand. Sometime I get error messages DLP/DVP-1025. Sometimes I get a few seconds of content until intermittent black screens with a snake eating its tail. This is invariably followed by the 1025 error code. I have been in content with Spectrum since 12/26. All the usual fixes have been tried. I uninstalled the app and went to Playstord and reinstalled it. Shut the phone off and turned it back on. Disconnected and reconnected my modem and router. Spectrum has checked my router. Please note the app works for viewing the guide and setting programs to record. Based on Ookla tests, my download speed is at least 20 mbs. I am able to use Netflix, HBO Max and other apps.

My conversations with Spectrum and a comment on the app on the Playstore have led me here. Thanks.

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    Jan 12, 2021 Accepted Answer

Thanks. DLP-1025 is an error code that the app is currently unavailable. Usually, this means that the app is not communicating with the home network to authenticate. Can you restart the home modem and try launching the app again?

• Gerryjo1Gerryjo1 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Jan 13, 2021 Accepted Answer

Thank you. I followed your directions and the app is working better. I had to reboot the modem and router twice as the first time, I lost my Internet connection after a minute.

Currently, I am able to watch on demand. I watched an hour long show without incident. The live TV function remains problematic. Some channels work fine (4 and 9). Others, such as 1 and 110, continue to display a black screen with an ourobors periodically. As my 2.4 G connection seems to be erratic, I switched to 5G (250 Mbs per Ookla.) This made no difference.

However, just being able to watch anything is a significant improvement from earlier.

Two other comments. Earlier this morning, I uninstalled the app, deleted the app from my library and reinstalled it from Playstore. Same result. The modem and the router were rebooted twice during earlier troubleshooting.

Thanks for you help. Will let you know how thins are progressing tomorrow.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,496 Lead Mod
    Jan 08, 2021

Hello. A few questions here. Do you see this issue on other devices or just this one? What speeds are you seeing on other devices/what speeds do you subscribe to?

Julia_R

Jan 08, 2021

Currently this is my only device. My TV died and I have been using my smartphone to stream.

Jan 08, 2021

I also checked on 5G. Speed 30- 50 mbs. Same result.

Jan 08, 2021

Do you know what speed you are subscribed to?

Julia_R

Jan 08, 2021

300mbs

Jan 12, 2021

Installed the latest version of the Spectrum TV app this morning. Live TV still goes to DLP-1025 after 10 seconds.

Jan 15, 2021

Thank you!

Are you seeing that slow a speed on all of your devices?

Getting that low a speed on a account provisioned for 300 is concerning.

Julia_R

Jan 17, 2021

Currently, this is my only device. After constant modem and router reboots that sometimes solved the speed issue, I phoned Spectrum tonight and they are sending a technician. Thanks.